WANT: Smaller Manual Downriggers

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
mitchard
Petty Officer

WANT: Smaller Manual Downriggers

Post by mitchard » Sun May 13, 2012 9:10 am

Looking for two smaller downriggers for my 14' aluminum. Just want to be able to hit up the lake and rivers a bit. There are some decent new ones for around $100, but I figured I might as well check in and see if anyone has some to get rid of for cheaper. [thumbup]

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Re: WANT: Smaller Manual Downriggers

Post by hanapaa808 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:42 pm

How small are you talking? I have 2 Scotty lake trollers if your interested

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0 ... ger&_sop=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Sun May 13, 2012 5:23 pm

hanapaa808 wrote:How small are you talking? I have 2 Scotty lake trollers if your interested
Thats about the size I am looking for. How much are you looking to get for them?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri May 18, 2012 10:59 pm

hanapaa808 wrote:How small are you talking? I have 2 Scotty lake trollers if your interested
How did those guys work for you? I saw them in Sportco the other day and wondered about them. They seemed a little lightweight to me.

Kokanee Katcher
Angler

Post by Kokanee Katcher » Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm fishing Cannon Mini Lake trollers and they work fine for Kokane and Sockeye. They aren't made for over 6# balls and I am happy with 4# for mine. I just switched to braided downrigger line on them and it got rid of the "buzz" and gave me less angle in the water.

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 pm

natetreat wrote:
How did those guys work for you? I saw them in Sportco the other day and wondered about them. They seemed a little lightweight to me.

Nate, they actually work really well. Yes they do look a little light weight but they handle a 4lb ball just fine. I changed the cable to braid to get rid of that humming. But well worth the money and you can mount them anywhere.