Varsity fishing in Washington high schools

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishingboy
Commander

Varsity fishing in Washington high schools

Post by fishingboy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Has anybody ever though there should be a Varsity fishing in high schools in the Northwest? (Ex: bass torneys, salmon trout) give me some ideas or thoughts!!!!1
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Varsity fishing in Washington high schools

Post by G-Man » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

We had a similar thread started last year. Illinois has adopted bass fishing as a high school sport. Here is the link: http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/ya ... sport.aspx

I really liked the format that they proposed, which included conservation and not just how many fish you could haul in a day.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Many colleges have bass fishing.
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Yeah I remember reading in the paper last year at Washington State University that they had a bass club and they had fishing tournaments against other colleges.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Most schools are tryin to cut money and probably would not let a sport be added. However I know from expirience that they will allow a club if peitioned with enough signatures. Me and a buddy started Sumner High Schools Lacrosse club in 92. We had some practices and even had 1 game se up that fell through. But that was something to start it and try to get it going. Unfortunately it just didnt pick up and go the way we invisioned it.

You will probably need to self fund anything like this and set up tourneys on your own. Atleast that was the route we had to take.
More fish please!

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

should have steelheading and salmon fishing
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:26 am

When I was in High school we had extra classes. Fire-bomb Dodging,Riot control,Card Playing,Bones (dominoes),Rolling your own,and Avoiding getting your rear kicked in by 10 students at a time. Hehehe.I wish we had fishing as a class.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.