Introduce Your Pet

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishnislife
Admiral

Introduce Your Pet

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:48 am

Since I have seen a couple of you pet lovers around here mentioning in one way or another pet friends of yours, I thought this would be a great chance to introduce them (during the doldrums). I have found that pets can tell a lot about their owners. So what kind of pet do you have?

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:Introduce Your Pet

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:02 pm

This is my furry friend Tucker. He is a 16" Beagle. He is a great looking dog and probably could have been shown, but we got his jewels taken off. :shaking:
We have had him for 5 years now and he is the coolest. Not your typical energetic beagle, actually he is completely the opposite. More like a basset hound mentality. Chills all the time, and is very snuggling and loving. He does love to fish and play outdoors. I have seen him go in swimming after fish on the end of my line a couple times. Watch out for beagles though, if he picks up on a scent like a rabbit, coon, or bird, he is GONE. We usually just keep him on a leash. Now that we have a child, he is cool to have because he is like a big brother to our child. Looking out for him and of course cleaning up after him.

fishnislife
Attachments
Tucker1.jpg
Tucker1.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 7723 times
TuckeredOut.jpg
TuckeredOut.jpg (225.31 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:13 pm

We have Princess. Her mom was a blue heeler and the dad a chow-shar pei mix. I was hoping to get a blue heeler size dog but got the other side instead. We have had her for 9 years, getting her at 5 weeks old. She has grown up with my children and she would play hide and seek with them. They hide and she would go and seek them out. When our pet rat got loose we told Princess "get Betty, find Betty" she found her! She trys to play with my grandkids. She just doesn't realize that she is so much bigger than they are. The grandkids are 1 and 2. The one year plays with her but she has to be laying down to play. Her part is mainly licking, but William thinks it is fun. When I work out side she is always with me.
Attachments
resize_Princess_7-13-07.jpg
resize_Princess_7-13-07.jpg (91.8 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Princess2005resize.jpg
Princess2005resize.jpg (39.4 KiB) Viewed 7956 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:36 pm

Golden retriever that will swim all day for sticks and whatever you throw her...
The mellowest dog around the house, always enjoys being pet and is a great overall family dog.

Knows all sorts of human words now. All we have to do is just say it and she'll respond to it. She brings the paper to the kitchen door every morning too...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:39 pm

I have a really nice tabby cat we named Ricky. Only responds to 'silly' or 'rickish' though. We didn't choose the cat. The cat chose us.

We were seeing some relatives in Fresno, and this little kitten shows up in the driveway. Way too early to be an outdoor cat. I can't really estimate how old he was, so all I can say is that he was about the size of a baseball cap and he hadn't grown into his ears yet. Definitley a stray or had escaped out the door one day. No posters around.

A couple days went by and every morning he would be sleeping on the doormat, I'm not really sure what or if he ate. I played with him for a while and then he would just hang out outside, never more than 50 feet away. On the third or fourth day of this, a certain member of my family was afraid he would start to depend on us, and we were leaving in a few days. So without my knowledge he put the cat in the car, drove 10 blocks away, and let him out in hopes he would find his owner and forget about us.

Next morning he was on the doormat.

Nothing we could do about it then. We piled into the car, cat included, and drove the 800 miles home. He slept (and walked around) on the dashboard most of the time.

Ever since he's been a very nice, mellow cat (except the time he brought a HUGE half dead rat to the back porch and proceeded to attempt to eat it). Scared of his shadow sometimes around anyone but me though.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:58 pm

My house is worse than a damn zoo. 4 dogs and 1 cat...... that I know of, there might be more. A chiwawa named Teka, a chiwawa named Hendrix, a German shepard named Marley, and a Siberian husky named Karma, then the cats name is Tom.

The shepard and the husky are still pretty young and FULL of energy. The other day we got them stuffed animal bones. The husky broke the squeeker in hers, so they fought over the bone that still squeeked. Really fought like wanted to kill each other over this stupid bone. I said 1 more fight over the bones and there going in the trash. Well, the next day they started going at it, I put my hand in between them to break them up and the husky must have mistaken my hand for the bone. She bit down, I tried to shake her off and realized that was doing more harm than good, stoped shaking my hand, and she started shaking her head. Blood everywhere. I couldnt be too mad because truth be told, I had a few beers and was down on all fours growling at the dogs......... with the bone. I will take the blame for this one. The husky is tiny only about 50lbs, and is the most lovable dog in the world. The shepard is big 85lbs and dosnt like anything/anybody. You can say everyone was pretty SHOCKED to find out what dog did the biting.

That was last saturday, I probally should have gotten a stich or 2, but oh well. My hand is still a little nicked up and sore but other than that its fine now.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 am

My cat was won in crap game.I named him Crap Game which turned into Crappy by my nieces.On his license its Crap Game,but everyone now calls him Crappy.Hes a great mouser and rat killa.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:16 am

Pets, do indeed, make great friends. I wrote an article about my buddy "Spike." It is posted on this sites "Tackle Box Tales" page 2. He was also a great fishing and camping buddy.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Bass Tracker wrote:Pets, do indeed, make great friends. I wrote an article about my buddy "Spike." It is posted on this sites "Tackle Box Tales" page 2. He was also a great fishing and camping buddy.
He was??? Sorry for your loss man, I know how it feels.

My pet is some cross bread between Calico and Egyption Mau. We ended up finding her (as a kitten) about 7 years ago hiding underneith our fender on my dads old business truck. He brought her home and ever since then Kaly has been part of the family.

If in doubt set the hook!

Fish Antics
Warrant Officer

Post by Fish Antics » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:15 pm

Among other things . . I have three bullfrog tadpoles purchased from a biological supply house in New York (not for release)

They don't bring the newspaper to you, but in their own unique way they're interesting.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:25 pm

2 Chihuahuas ones 4 yrs old and the others 2 yrs old. Both weigh just under 4 pounds. Both fetch like fiends and bark at everything that walks, crawls, or wiggles. Had to re-home a 2 yr old yellow lab as he kept trying to fetch the chihuahuas and getting his face torn up for his efforts.
Life's short - fish hard!

Eddie L
Warrant Officer

Post by Eddie L » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:10 am

I have a 5 year old Sheltie name"Pepper"

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:41 am

What cracks me up about pets is how we spoil them.My cat falls asleep on the foot of my bed.By morning I wake to fur in my face.I move to the side as not to disturb him.I then get up and relieve the bladder to come back to see him in my spot.So I carefully climb back into bed so not to disturb him and once I get comfortable he gets up and jumps off the bed.Go figure.....
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 am

gpc wrote:My house is worse than a damn zoo. 4 dogs and 1 cat...... that I know of, there might be more.
That was last saturday, I probally should have gotten a stich or 2, but oh well. My hand is still a little nicked up and sore but other than that its fine now.
Sounds a lot like my house! Three rabbits, two goats, two cats a dog and a lizard that will out live us all.
Well this is most of them; Linc, Odo, Chester, Waldo and Spike
Attachments
stuff_1a.jpg
stuff_1a.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 7823 times
waldo_02-21-05__032a.jpg
waldo_02-21-05__032a.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 7827 times
flowers07-18-03_040a.jpg
flowers07-18-03_040a.jpg (56.6 KiB) Viewed 7829 times
Linc_and_Odo__011a.jpg
Linc_and_Odo__011a.jpg (41.42 KiB) Viewed 7836 times
Linc_002a.jpg
Linc_002a.jpg (34.68 KiB) Viewed 7840 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 am

Bodo, you have a pet goat? Cool! I like how all your pets posed for you.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:13 am

fishnislife wrote:Bodo, you have a pet goat? Cool! I like how all your pets posed for you.

fishnislife
You have no idea how many pics were snapped.............. :cyclopsan :cyclopsan :cyclopsan :cyclopsan

Waldo is a Cashmere, Togenberg Cross. The goats are really my wifes projects. The other goat Mazy is a pure bred Cashmere. She combs the fleece and spins the yarn. some day we'll have a bunch of Cashmere pot holders........ Not really, she's working on a sweater. About another year and she'll have enough fleece cleaned spun and ready to knit. The goats are the damn funniest things you've ever seen. The have more personallity than a lot of people I know.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Im getting ready to put a lean to and pen together to house 2 goats.I have blackberries galore and I hear goats eat them thorns,roots and all.Now in the city youre allowed to have them.The bad thing is they have to be neutered.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:13 pm

and they have to be under 100 pounds so that limits you to the smaller breeds. Waldo is about 200# , He's a big boy and the term is "weather". Weathers make much better outdoor pets. They don't eat the BB stalks but they do love the leaves and they trample the stalks to get to the leaves. The BB's don't last long. The other thing is you need to keep a hot wire around the place, one close to the ground and one near the top of the fence. Most goats are accomplished escape artists. They do require a lot of care and they need a warm dry protected area to sleep.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:08 pm

You've got a fine looking Beagle there Fishinislife! I have two, Bo (Boregard) and Artie. Bo is the slim and trim one and Artie is the little round boy. They are both great dogs. You are right about Beagles, Fishinislife. Once they get a scent, they revert to smell only and shut off the hearing. They indeed are GONE. In the customs department at the Auckland, NZ airport they use Beagles to search for fruit coming into the country. They go down the line of people waiting to go through customs. If the dog smells fruit, it sits down next to the person carrying the fruit. My wife was standing in line and the cute little Beagle came up to her and sat down beside her. The customs officer asked to have the fruit she had in her purse. My wife had sliced up some apples and ate them on the plane. She put the empty zip lock bag back in her purse. Busted! Although the bag was empty and closed, the Beagle scented that she had apples in her purse. Totally Amazing.

Bo is the oldest. He is a laid back thinker. I got Artie while going into Color Tile in Spokane to pick up some tile for a job. A guy was in there with him and I commented that I had a Beagle also. He said that he and his wife were going over seas to do missionary work and they couldn't take him with them. I asked him how much he wanted for him and he said nothing, just a good home for him. Done deal. Of all the four legged kids we have, Artie is the permanent adolescent. He is constantly into one thing or another, but he sure is a lovable guy. He is also on a diet that he does not care for at all. He is loosing weight, but it come off slow for him.

The other kids are Bailey (Missy) and Boz our cats. Missy (white & gray) is the queen of the house and we serve in her court. Sweetest little cat that I have ever seen. Boz (black) is our Panther. Boz loves to visit, however, he always seems to get the last word in.

The house would seem awfully empty without them. They all bring a great deal of joy to us.
Attachments
Boz_1.JPG
Boz_1.JPG (127.52 KiB) Viewed 7794 times
Missy_1.JPG
Missy_1.JPG (25.39 KiB) Viewed 7795 times
Artie_1.JPG
Artie_1.JPG (31.54 KiB) Viewed 7797 times
Bo_1.JPG
Bo_1.JPG (29.09 KiB) Viewed 7801 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KurtO
Warrant Officer

Post by KurtO » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Marc that beagle has to the most great looking one I've seen in a while. Use to have one too. Make the best friends.