The Price Of Gas

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

The Price Of Gas

Post by racfish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 pm

I thought this was just hillarious.Im still laughing.

It sounds like a "Dilbert" cartoon come to life, but the Social Security Administration has taken back a reprimand it gave to an employee who was written up for "passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor" that created a "hostile work environment."

The official charge was "Conduct unbecoming a Federal employee." More specifically, "On September 7, 2012, and continuing, you disrupted the work floor by passing gas and releasing an unpleasant odor."

A copy of the letter, along with a picture of the employee at an amusement park standing next to an actor in a Pepe Le Pew costume, was published on TheSmokingGun.com.

The letter included a timestamped log accurate to the minute, documenting 60 separate-gas passing incidents from the employee in his office in three months, or about 9 per day.

The average person passes gas 14 times per day.

Medical conditions such as Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and lactose intolerance, can cause sufferers to have chronic gas problems. The employee told management he was lactose intolerant.

"You have submitted medical evidence that you have some medical conditions," the letter read, "however, nothing that you have submitted has indicated that you would have uncontrollable flatulence. It is my belief that you can control this condition."

Several of the employee's coworkers in the "module," or work area, had complained to management about the smell. A supervisor, Deputy Division Director and a Module Manager all spoke with the employee on separate occasions about his need to control his flatulence.

"You said that you would try to pass gas and that you would turn your fan on when it happens," the Module Manager wrote of a discussion that took place on May 18, 2012. "I explained to you that turning on the fan would cause the smell to spread and worsen the air quality in the module."

On August 14th the employee promised to purchase "Gas X" in order to limit his gas output.

Another incident, dated August 15th, noted "you have continued to release the odor and it has become intolerable to work in the module creating a hostile work environment for all your coworkers."

The letter quoted guidelines from the "Annual Personnel Reminder" and "2012 SSA/AFGE National Agreement" which the Module Manager claimed the employee had violated, including "courtesy and consideration while dealing with coworkers" and "refrain from coercive, intimidating, loud or abusive behavior."

If the "misconduct" was continued after the reprimand letter, it could lead to "more severe disciplinary action...including, removal from federal service."

Reached for comment, SSA spokesperson Mark Hinkle told TODAY, "A reprimand was issued to the employee; however, when senior management became aware of the reprimand it was rescinded on December 17, 2012. The agency cannot comment further due to privacy concerns. " [woot] [scared] [cursing] [crying] :-({|=

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: The Price Of Gas

Post by Amx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:39 pm

14 times a day. [scared] I guess I'm not 'normal'. :-k
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Im laughing on how our govt spends money and PASSES the time of day. I bet the whole incident with letters cost the USA a million bucks.I agree 14 times a day. I do that in 6 hours of fishing. LOL

Racer
Warrant Officer

Post by Racer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:32 pm

[woot] [woot] [laugh] I'm feeling alittle cheated. Not holding up my end of the average. [-X

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Maybe if the building he works in invested in a reliable air circulation system they would have this problem. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. As if the complainers farst don't stink.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:30 pm

lmao, i think i am grateful for working in construction. ALthough i will add nothing like your own brand however if you need a fan to disperse your own flatulence as you cant stomach it YOU have problems.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:53 am

racfish wrote:Im laughing on how our govt spends money and PASSES the time of day. I bet the whole incident with letters cost the USA a million bucks.I agree 14 times a day. I do that in 6 hours of fishing. LOL
good to know. [glare]

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:24 am

All I have to say is AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

coast2coastfishin
Petty Officer

Post by coast2coastfishin » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 am

interesting fact : we inhale 1.5 liters of anal gas per day:........funny thing about that,this one time i was at the key arena for a WWE event back in febuary of 98 i think it was no way out,but any ways.i was sitting there triple h came out and everyone started cheering,then i relized damn we inhale 1.5 liters of anal gas a day,made me think how much i was inhaling at that oment with thousands of people there.lol damn had some things going thru my mind,speaking of witch,it there was a crowded room with no insalation and about 400 ppl in there for three days straight,and someone lit a match,lol would the room blow up?
C.P.R. CATCH PHOTO RELEASE

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 am

coast2coastfishin wrote:interesting fact : we inhale 1.5 liters of anal gas per day:........funny thing about that,this one time i was at the key arena for a WWE event back in febuary of 98 i think it was no way out,but any ways.i was sitting there triple h came out and everyone started cheering,then i relized damn we inhale 1.5 liters of anal gas a day,made me think how much i was inhaling at that oment with thousands of people there.lol damn had some things going thru my mind,speaking of witch,it there was a crowded room with no insalation and about 400 ppl in there for three days straight,and someone lit a match,lol would the room blow up?
The only way it would explode would be if the room was totally sealed in which case you would have died much soon from lack of oxygen. It would be a miserable way to go, smelling farts and suffocating. [crying]

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".