new area need help...

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
coast2coastfishin
Petty Officer

new area need help...

Post by coast2coastfishin » Fri May 11, 2012 3:06 am

i recently moved from washington state.down to arizona right now i am in arkansas visiting family.i need tips on fishing the lake the house is on...its indianhead lake in sherwood arkansas.ive always fished for trout,shark my whole life.so this down south thing to sorta new to me.what i mean is..how do i catch fish here? ive only used worms..tight lining and bobber fishing..caught a few turtles a nice 38inch channelcat,brim,one small bass...i know one problem is i dont know the lake well.ive googled the lake.and cant find out anything about it.other than what i already knew.that its a privet lake..need some help here ](*,)
C.P.R. CATCH PHOTO RELEASE

coast2coastfishin
Petty Officer

Re: new area need help...

Post by coast2coastfishin » Fri May 11, 2012 3:07 am

also ive used spinner baits.and tried a plastic worm..but idk how to use plastic worms.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri May 11, 2012 8:49 am

The ONLY way you'll learn a private lake is to fish it. Maybe ask someone who lives on the lake.

Plastic worms should be slowly dragged along the bottom, AFTER they've been sitting on the bottom for 30 seconds to give the bass time to decide if thay want it. After it starts moving slowly the bass will more likely to grab it if they haven't already grabbed it or turned away. A slow drag will get their attention again and they'll get interested again. Slow drag with stops. Not set timing, just do it differently as you drag it. 6" worm with 1/8th oz bullet weight pegged with a toothpick.

Skip it under the docks, into underwater trees/weeds/lumber, etc.

There are vids on Youtube.

Crankbaits and topwater off and over the outside weedline, stop and go and constant retrieve. Deep and shallow cranks. Shallow cranks on the inside weedline along with plastic worms, jigs, spinnerbaits and topwater. Vids on Youtube.
Tom.

Interests: living

coast2coastfishin
Petty Officer

Post by coast2coastfishin » Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 am

thanks.i was out flipping by the cyprus trees.got a lot of bites.but i think it was turtles lol cause they seem to do that a lot in this lake