Smokers vs. Non Smokers at a dock

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
sinkerswim
Petty Officer

Re: Smokers vs. Non Smokers at a dock

Post by sinkerswim » Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Schenk wrote:This topic and some of the responses remind me of the winter I shoveled 2 feet of snow off the street (plows would take another 2 days to get to our street) so my elderly parents could come visit me and have a place to park. The next door neighbor swooped in and parked there within 5 minutes after I finished shoveling the spot clear.
I went next door and asked him to move since I just spent 2 hours sweating and shoveling the spot for my parents who were due to arrive soon.
His response was "it is legal for me to park anywhere in the street that I want so I will not move my car for you just because you shoveled that spot out".

Yup; he was a jerk, but legal.
Doing something legal doesn't exclude anyone from the Jerk Club

I spent two hours after dark shoveling the snow back around his car.
He did not make it to work the next morning...hahaha...the snow was work hardened and frozen SOLID.
Hahahaha, I think I would have been tempted to drag the garden hose out and made sure everything was sufficiently watered :-"

Kfedka
Commander

Post by Kfedka » Wed May 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Save the money from cigars and cigarettes and buy more fishing gear ](*,)

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Schenk wrote:This topic and some of the responses remind me of the winter I shoveled 2 feet of snow off the street (plows would take another 2 days to get to our street) so my elderly parents could come visit me and have a place to park. The next door neighbor swooped in and parked there within 5 minutes after I finished shoveling the spot clear.
I went next door and asked him to move since I just spent 2 hours sweating and shoveling the spot for my parents who were due to arrive soon.
His response was "it is legal for me to park anywhere in the street that I want so I will not move my car for you just because you shoveled that spot out".

Yup; he was a jerk, but legal.
Doing something legal doesn't exclude anyone from the Jerk Club

I spent two hours after dark shoveling the snow back around his car.
He did not make it to work the next morning...hahaha...the snow was work hardened and frozen SOLID.
That's great payback, too funny. I bet that made for frosty relations, lol.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".