Russell Wilson in the House

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Russell Wilson in the House

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm

gfakkema wrote:Kind of off topic...but I was eating dinner at duke 's chowder house tonight, look over and Sidney Rice was sitting in the booth next to us. He took pics with some people on his way out, I wanted to get in on it (good thing I wore my hawks beanie), but I was in the middle of dinner with the gf and decided not to.
Back on topic, Russell Wilson definitely needs more money if we plan on keeping him for any length of time. Would be great to have him back WaLakes and maybe turn some other hawks on to fishing. Could you imagine...Normal day of fishing on the lake, river or ocean. You are minding your own business when, you look over and there is Wilson, Rice, Sherman, Browned, Miller, or any other hawk. Would be pretty awesome.
Mike, you should get in touch with Wilson and offer free premium membership in exchange for season tickets...just a thought.
not exactly an equal trade. Wow, that would be pretty wild. [-o<

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 pm

I'll give him free lessons! Run him down the Hump in my drift boat, that would be worth it.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 pm

gfakkema wrote: Mike, you should get in touch with Wilson and offer free premium membership in exchange for season tickets...just a thought.
WOW what a trade!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Toni wrote:
gfakkema wrote: Mike, you should get in touch with Wilson and offer free premium membership in exchange for season tickets...just a thought.
WOW what a trade!
A little or lot of sarcasm, Toni?

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:16 am

All kidding aside. Im impressed with his personal life as well as his abilities on the field. There were a few news shots of he and his wife going to Childrens Hospital playing with the children signing autographs ,basically making children smile and feeling good about meeting him. I think that alone deserves alot of respect . To me anyone who does volunteer work like that is a stand up person. [thumbsup] Notonly would I take him fishing or crabbing but Id even buy his bait and make his cut plugs.

swayner23
Petty Officer

Post by swayner23 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 am

Very Cool, Mike! GO HAWKS!!! :cheers:

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 am

Mike Carey wrote:Costco House, that is. Sighted at Kirkland Costco this morning:
Wilson-web.jpg
When I see this photo. I would like to think Russel Wilson, seeked out Mike Carey for a picture! Now who is the celeb?

Someone call TMZ (TV show). Ha!

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Maybe Allen can give him a personal service contract, wash his car once a week or so. That should be good for a megabuck or two!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm

MotoBoat wrote:
Toni wrote:
WOW what a trade!
A little or lot of sarcasm, Toni?
I think there was a little bit more than a little. :sunny:
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 am

The new rookie payscale is partly due to the new collective bargaining agreement signed between the NFL and the Players Association. In order to reduce the effect of the insane contracts offered past number 1 picks and compliance with the salary caps there are restrictions in place which limit the amounts rookies can be paid and also require a minimum length contract etc. There is a very good article explaining this on ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/79297 ... ime-rookie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800