See y'all

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
smokum
Petty Officer

See y'all

Post by smokum » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:12 pm

After many years of urging from my wife and foot-dragging on my part, we bought a home in New River Arizona.
Yup, smokin hot AZ! Been here most of my 60 yrs and finally had enough rain!

However I will be close to some fantastic Bassin and panfish waters especially the famous Lk Roosevelt on the Salt River system and will be only 2.5 hours from Havasu and Mead! Lake Bartlett with LMB,SMB, channel cats, and crappie is only 45 minutes away and in the mountains a bit to keep me from sufferin too bad. HA! Mas Cervesa Por Favor!

My boat will not stay behind, it's a part of me I just won't sell to make the move 1500 miles south easier. Can't do it,won't even think about it.

Gonna miss the Columbia, Snake, Curlew, The Sound and Sekiu along with so many other fishin holes here that I have come to love.

The opportunity to semi-retire and have a $500 mortgage was too tough to turn down. Property prices are SO low it's ridiculous and we found a nice ranch house on an acre for only $145k. A home that would sell here for over $350k

Got a nice home on over an acre, landscaped, fenced, 1600 sq ft shop and even a flock of chickens to sell in Hobart if you know any interested folks. Gonna sell it ourselves and save buyers and us some serious $$$$.

If ya know of a site in AZ like this one, PLEASE let me know and I'll check back here lots to let you all know how fishin amongst the cactus is.
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:See y'all

Post by Amx » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Congrats. Hope you have a great time in Az. Good fishin.
Tom.

Interests: living

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:47 pm

smokum: We'll be adding AZ to our system sometime this year. You can be our AZ ambassador!
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Pradeep
Warrant Officer

Post by Pradeep » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Best wishes smokum. It's a big step to pack up and leave what you've known for so long but sounds like you're making a great investment. Again, congrats and best of luck to you and your family.

Pradeep.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Best wishes with your move and new life. Be sure to visit us whenever you feel the need to get soggy!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:35 pm

:-({|= :salut:
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Happy trails bro! Hope you and your family enjoy it down there in the sunshine! Hey, send us some spring training pics if ya get out that way! Good luck out there!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:38 am

Good Luck to you and the family. Dont forget to show us all the hotspots for fishing and show us your trophy catches.Enjoy your retirement and G-d Bless you and the Mrs.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Post by fear_no_fish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:42 am

Good luck down there
I went to my aunts house down there for spring break awhile and man was it hot but very nice change from the rainn haha
My rod and reel, they comfort me.
"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

smokum
Petty Officer

Post by smokum » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:09 am

Aaron, I'm IN! Bobberboy (my fishaholic grandkid) and I would love to assist in getting info out to AZ fishers and be a part of a start-up like that.

This site has helped me more than any I could think of for over 10 years now and if we could be involved with a sister-site in AZ it would be an awesome honor.

You and Mike have given us such a wonderful resource over the years, THANK YOU!
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!