Any Bassers out there looking for a buddy.

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
06Roush
Petty Officer

Any Bassers out there looking for a buddy.

Post by 06Roush » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I am an Air Force guy out in Orting and LOVE bass fishing. I do have a 1990 Ranger that I picked up last summer and don't mind driving but unfamiliar with all that lakes so me driving is probably not the best way to get us on fish haha. Looking for anyone willing to hit the lakes whenever and or any advice to point me in the right direction around this area!!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Any Bassers out there looking for a buddy.

Post by Amx » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:55 pm

If you want winter fishing, Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish would be about the best. Deep lakes,and deep fish. Sometimes as shallow as 20 feet or even 15 feet. Some sunny days they can be at 5 feet using a shallow crankbait around leftover weed lines.

Lake Washington I use the Newport launch on the southish east side just south of the I90 bridge, cheaper at $13, than the Coulon launch at the south end in Renton at $20.

Lakes in your area would be Spanaway, launch is at the park, but you'll have to be sure the lake is open, and the park is open. I don't remember the fee.

The lakes closest to Orting would probably be Tanawax, if it's open in the winter, and the lakes around there.
Tom.

Interests: living

needs2hunt
Warrant Officer

Post by needs2hunt » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 am

Spanaway lake is close... its right outside lewis/ McChord... I'll start hitting that lake in March... I'd be more then willing to go out and show you some areas there...

Rapjohn, Silver, Tanwax... Harts Lake...Kapowsin is also good but lots of stumps... so you have to be careful !!!!

I use to bass fish a long time ago... just getting back into it in the last year...

i live within 5 minutes of Spanaway and McChord... :salut: :salut: :salut:
Spanaway is open year around so are most of the lakes
Lake Tapps is another lake that close and both Spanaway and Tapps you can use the same yearly pass... 70.00

if you don't get the pass it's 10.00 per launch...

06Roush
Petty Officer

Post by 06Roush » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Yearly pass?? Where might get one of these passes? I live down in Orting so Tapps is just up the hill from me. I went a few times last year and it seemed I was getting more attention from the Tigers with cleaned off line and half eaten plastics. I will be gone for most of this month so starting up in March would be perfect for me! I will be sure to give you a holler once I get back. Thanks!

KevinS
Petty Officer

Post by KevinS » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm

06Roush wrote:Yearly pass?? Where might get one of these passes? I live down in Orting so Tapps is just up the hill from me. I went a few times last year and it seemed I was getting more attention from the Tigers with cleaned off line and half eaten plastics. I will be gone for most of this month so starting up in March would be perfect for me! I will be sure to give you a holler once I get back. Thanks!

From discussion: http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=17103" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In case someone else wants to purchase a $75 seasonal launch pass (Pierce County resident) for use at Lake Tapps and Spanaway Lake, I received the following email from Pierce County:

The launch pass is good for use at North Lake Tapps Park and at Spanaway Park. We just received the 2013 passes last week and they are available at our administrative office in the Lakewood Community Center. Passes will also be available for sale at gates at both parks beginning the middle of May. The concessionaire at the Spanaway Lake Boat House will also be selling the passes beginning the 1st of February.

The office hours at the Lakewood Community Center are 8am-5pm M-F. The phone number is 253-798-4177.

Thanks

Scott D. Hall
Superintendent of Recreation