Occupation

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Occupation

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:17 pm

Today, I own a kitchen & bath remodeling business. I specialize in tile installations. It is a rewarding line of work and I have met some wonderful people, several becoming good friends.
As long as builders keep putting Greenboard in showers, I'll keep tearing it out in a few years:cheers: Good job security!:thumright

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:44 am

I work for a large electrical contractor based in puyallup, Im a residential journeyman, pretty much twisty twisty all day.I do custom homes,remodel work sometimes, not the funnest part sometimes you never know what your opening,right now currently wiring homes in a development in lacey. Fisherman up
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:32 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:
felts_jf wrote:United States Air Force, Aircraft Mechanic!!! "If you aint maintenance you aint sh!t" Hoorah

Jason
I know the feeling. During my hitch (way back) I worked OMS launch/recovery on B52's. I am amazed that the Air Force is still flying those birds. When I worked on them in the early 70's, I would have bet big money the 52 would be sent to the boneyard in the 80's. To this day, the B52 and the B17 are still the best bombers ever built. Says something about Boeing doesn't it.
Over the years, I have met many marines and army infantry who were in Vietnam. I would be asked if I was over there. I would reply, "in a round about way". I'd tell them I launched B52's for Nam missions. Several of the guys would tell me, "don't cut yourself short. When the BUFF's would come over, things would get a whole lot better real quick!" That always made me feel good.
I loved working on the buff's, but hated the haircut inspections every morning#-o
I was a member of the 96 FMS at Dyess AFB, Crew Chief on the B-1B. I LOVE the "Buffs" because they're simple aircraft. Once we started over complicating the bombers, it all went down hill. Look back on history...B-17, B-29, B-52, etc....all very simple, yet affective bombers in their day (and still).

Thank you for your service Marc and the rest of the vets here. I salute you all :salut:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:34 pm

Some may be wondering what a BUFF is.:scratch: It is the abbreviated term that the people who flew and worked on them gave them. It stands for BIG UGLY FAT F.....,[-x ahem, well, maybe I should say FELLOW
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:39 am

I know what you mean I am sheet metal and work C-17's, the only thing is there is not that much sheet metal on these birds. It is a very rewarding job, but lots of stuff you have to put up with. Us aircraft maint. guys have a little saying I'm sure you've heard it before. "BOHICA" BEND OVER HERE IT COMES AGAIN! That is the only thing that sucks about maintainers, when everyone else has holidays off with their families, we are there busting our knuckles keeping the planes sky worthy. Thanks for the service guys!
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:47 am

Ah........Christmas Eve on the Flight Line.:-" Been there, done that.

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:18 am

felts_jf wrote:United States Air Force, Aircraft Mechanic!!! "If you aint maintenance you aint sh!t" Hoorah

Jason

United States Naval Air Force, Aircraft Engine Mechanic!!! -- 1950 - 1952. Worked mostly on PBMs during the Korean War.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:16 pm

I guess fishing is the natural evolution of a Aircraft Mechanic huh??? Better than Christmas on the flight line....Christmas in Saudi :thumbdown Christmas dinner consisted of rice (can't mess that up), "beef" (picture of a goat on the package #-o), mystery brown "gravy" and an orange :-({|=

A lot better than the stuff they have over in Irag though, fight on boys!!!!! :salut:
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:08 pm

US Navy IT. Like Computers but don't love them. One thesis away from my Masters in HR Management. We will see. Retire from Navy in 1 year and 3 months. Then I am looking for a real job as my wife keeps telling me.

Networking anyone. Ha.

Im an Assistant Scout Master for my kids troop in the Boyscouts. Other than that, I fish and watch college football. A guy gets too many hobbies and he fails to enjoy any of them I have always believed.

Joe
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 am

Bass Tracker wrote:

Jason

United States Naval Air Force, Aircraft Engine Mechanic!!! -- 1950 - 1952. Worked mostly on PBMs during the Korean War.
I was a VP sailor, too. VP-47 from 1982-1985 as an Aviation Anti-submarine Warfare Technician (AX) and then Whidbey Island for shore duty at AIMD working in 660 and 69C until 1989.

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:16 pm

I am a manager for the #1 Mega Yacht Builder in all of North America. The Westport Shipyard.

sgpwayne
Petty Officer

Post by sgpwayne » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:04 am

I am a retired ( disabled )truck driver. Drove for 37 1/2 years and have almost 3.2 million miles, some of which I didn't earn safe driving awards for. usually on and off this site 3-4 times a day just to see whats new.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:42 pm

bpm2000 wrote:Cancer registry casefinder.

I too in the cancer field...
I work as a radiation therapist giving radiation treatments to patients with cancer. Sitting here stuffing down my lunch and ready to go back to work.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Thought this was a cool thread and I'd bump it back up

On a sidenote, it's in the website Requests section...Probably move this one to Off Topic, wouldn't ya say mods?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm a professional donkey rider

Ok, firefighter/paramedic..swiftwater rescue technician,instructor.....and professional donkey rider.
Oh,I do make some extra cash as a stand up comic....but I'm not that good.. or else I would do this full time.:-$ :-"

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm a construction inspector for the Port of Seattle.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed May 14, 2008 5:06 pm

apprentice for the laborers

urbanangler
Warrant Officer

Post by urbanangler » Wed May 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Develop software applications that help run a big website. former mainframe COBOL / DB2 coder for Boeing for 8 years, Gringo. Got to hate JCL. Now I code mostly C#/.Net/SQL Server. Mucho time spent in front of PCs.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 14, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==urban== please don't tell me to C&R or to fish your way, thank you

ltlfsh
Angler

Post by ltlfsh » Wed May 14, 2008 5:11 pm

I am a crapenter!
...um...that would be *carpenter*...
um...I'm confused...

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Im a professional rock thrower at donkey riders:cheers: JJ Kevin, but also look into the comedy side of things.Man i thought being a journeyman electrician was cool but all these military guys and their 123-ABC working in the XYZ-987 going to the HIJ-567 see my point,man they ROCK on the ebonics:cheers: :cheers: Way to go guys,Thanks for then and thanks for now:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/