NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
urbanangler
Warrant Officer

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by urbanangler » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Thank you for FINALLY getting with the program, Mike. :) Well-stated!
==urban== please don't tell me to C&R or to fish your way, thank you

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Name: Jacob Tieszen
Hobbies:Fishing, football.
What I do: 7th grader at Ballou Junior High
Fav.Species: Salmon!!!!
Where i fish Most: Rivers-Skokomish and Puyallup
Been fishing since i was born in Phoenix.
Introduced to fishing:Grandfather,Lake Pleaseant (Phoenix,Az) Channel Cats,LMB
Not Fishing: Begging to go fishing,school,football practice.
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

donR
Angler

Post by donR » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:01 am

Don
age 67
retired teacher (also owned athletic store, printer, B&GC director)

Fishing: High school troutaholic, commercial fished (reefnet salmon and cod))

hobbies: hiking (Pacific Crest trail & Mt baker area)

goal: learn to fish Northwest waters. a rookie now and need help! Meet on the Samish River or Belllingham???

dea
Petty Officer

Post by dea » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:34 am

Hello. As a kid, my father and one of his patients would hit Puget Sound many Thursdays for bottom fishing, as well as trolling for salmon. Many great memories of catching cod, ratfish, dogfish, irish lords, red snapper. Now, I've been confined - happily - to fresh water fishing. For many, many years I simply hit the docks. But now that my kids are just becoming teens, I decide to purchase a lake boat ( Meyers Laker 14 and a King 700lb capacity trailer ). Together they are so lightweight that I barely feel anything with my Ford Expedition...sweet.

We have been fishing; Flowing Lake, Storm Lake, Cassidy, Panther, Blackmans and Stevens. We have been rowing the boat around, but my plans are to purchase a small motor for convenience sake. Being able to quickly deploy a fishing session was a key requirement. I can get this boat into the water lickity-split all by myself. I'm simply loving this boat.

We love to hit the lakes using smaller lures/jigs ( 1/16 -1/4 ) and no more than 6lb test. We use Fred Meyer style rods and reels - which work just fine for us.

We fish all seasons, going with smaller and smaller lures as the cold weather. The cold weather doesn't stop me from getting my heiny out onto th

We employ our standard methods:
Grubs on jigs
Marabou jigs
Drop shot worms
Bobber fishing with live worms, eggs ( where legal )

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Welcome dea! C'mon in and join the fun but beware, hang out here too much and you might end up with a garage full of rods/reels for all types of water and fish! Glad to hear you are getting your kids out on the water and congratulations on the boat
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Steelheadman12
Petty Officer

Post by Steelheadman12 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Name: Ben
Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting and anything related to those two things.
Where I fish the most? Wherever I can. LOL
How long have I been fishing? Since I can remember. I have pictures of me fishing when I was only 2 1/2
What do I do? Work for a sporting goods store in the fishing department.

Favorite Pic:

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Welcome Steelheadman! Join the fun! Looks like youre having a good year!

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 am

[thumbup] [thumbsup] :thumleft: :thumright My name is Patrick, I am 17 and I love to fish.!:-$ Since I fish around shoreline/seattle and up north I live in shoreline (King County) and I'm in my junior year at Shorewood High School! woot woot!:cheers: I also love to play me some football, baseball, hockey, fishing, *of course* golf, and some hiking and paragliding. And I've been try to snowboard in town when we get snow. (which a few times has worked before)#-o :-" :-$ When I am not fishing i'm either getting ready for baseball season 2011, homework, friends and family time. What I fish for the most is, Catfish, sunfish, bass, rockfish (used to) salmon, trout, steelhead, saltwater bullheads, crab, shrimp, perch (both fresh and saltwater) carp, (only during the summer and i don't eat them) squid, lingcod, halibut, walleye, whitefish, (I also don't eat them) any some more I cant think of right now. I've been fishing since I was about 5 years old. My dad took me out fishing one day and from there i got hooked into fishing!:king: And i've been slaying fish (literally) since freshman year in high school! :rambo: I've also been on this website for about 4 or so years! Thanks Mike for setting up this website! Love this site!:cheers: :salut:

and here is my favorite pic (let see if I can do this) [confused]
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Big D

Post by Big D » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 am

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

chet
Angler

Post by chet » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Name: chet broberg
Hobbies:Fishing,sports
What I do: 9th grader at sehome high
Fav. Species: Salmon
Where i fish Most: nooksack

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 pm

WOW. I think that I am a little late to this thread. About 3 years or so. lol.

Name: Josh
Hobbies: Fishing, hunting, dirtbike riding, 4 wheeling, camping and catarafting
What you do: Hual heavy construction equiptment
Favorite species to fish for: Steelhead and Salmon
Where you fish the most: Rivers in general
How long you have been fishing: Roughly 24 years, started in my granparents pond
How you got introduced to fishing: My grandpa, in his pond and on the Snoqualmie and Skykomish Rivers for Steelhead
What do you do when your not fishing: My hobbies as stated above and family time
Favorite picture: I have many favorites but I really like this one of my brother and I with some rather large Skykomish hatchery summer-runs. Elbows bent, no long arming here.
Attachments
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg (102.78 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CH59MI
Petty Officer

Post by CH59MI » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:37 pm

:salut: My name is Matt Pelletier, avid multi species angler who fell in love with tiger muskies here in NM about 4 years ago.Tigers were first stocked in NM back in 2003 to take care of the over abundance of trash fish (goldfish and white suckers). The fish are doing there job and not only can you catch some beautiful tigers at both Quemado and Bluewater Lakes but the Trout fishing has really got good too (anglers muskie fishing are catching occasional trout averaging 3-5 pounds). In 2009 anglers in our State developed chapter 59 of Muskies Inc, New Mexico Muskies Inc. It's been a blast to work with the NM Department of Game and Fish in any way we can be an asset for our fisheries here.
We'll be checking in and reporting on events from time to time. I own/operate a fishing forum here in NM so my "forum time" is rather limited so hopefully our club can get a volunteer [-o< to report on the Washington Lakes forum more constantly then I can (By the way, really nice site!!).

Our club website has tons of great information regarding our muskie fisheries here, take a moment to view our photo-galleries also. http://newmexicomuskiesinc.org/

Here are some pictures of past events and fish caught at the lakes.

Quemado Lake
My ugly mug with a beaut 39.5X 17"
And a trout I landed on the same day
Club Member Greg Cotton with his 2nd tiger ever (first day fishing them) 39.5"
Legal literature and life size carving done by Members of "legal harvest-able" tiger (1 40" fish a day) RELEASE ALL FISH!!
just a couple of the tiger fingerlings our state was able to raise in 2010 due to the help of Chapter 59 and the Hugh C Becker Foundation!! THANKS GUYS!!!
Chapter 59 installing trees in Bluewater for structure with NMDGF
Group shot after building the structures
One of our booths at a local expo
Gotta keep our lakes clean!
Barry Reynold and former CH59 VP Jared Blaschke talking muskies on the shore of Bluewater
Longtime MI member Chris Nordquist in his element at Bluewater.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Welcome to the forum Matt. It looks like you have a well organized group in NM. Nice photos too.:dwarf:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Welcome Matt good have you aboard. This is Doug from Chapter 57 looks like alot of fun and great fishing. Join us on our Muskie Forum on here. We don't know a darn thing about fishing and we can prove it.
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Matt! The "other" Doug here, from the east side, Chapter 60! Looks like you guys have a well formed chapter and a strong membership! Keep bouncing those ideas off us, and we will send some your way if we come up with any! LOL. Couldn't ask for a better group of folks around here. I am fortunate to have met many of them here and call them friends now! Bet you don't have the problem we have here on the east side of Washington...... Our west siders don't have this problem either.... ICE! Can't get on the lakes right now, but soon!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

steel_lee
Angler

Post by steel_lee » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 am

Hello, my name is Lee Bailey and i love to steelhead fish. I live in Spokane, WA I am 52 years old as of 1-10-2011. When i an not fishing I like to woodwork, I have acquired most of the major tools to help with that hobby, I still struggle with doing finish work. I work for a school district and am employeed as a head custodian. I absolutely love steelhead fishing, I will usually fish with a jig and bobber set up but you could find me on occasion using a spey rod or throwing spoons also, what ever is working.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Holly Smolley, Matt; Welcome to Washington Lakes! This is the best site in Washington so you know what lakles to search for when you come on up for a visit!!
Your last picture, up-close of the Tiger is so CLEAR... amazing shot; who took it?

Welcome aboard.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:47 am

Welcome to WaLakes Matt and Lee

The bottom pic is very cool Matt!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxumCory
Angler

Post by MaxumCory » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Name: Cory
Profession: Navy
Fishing: I haven't really been consistently since I used to go with my dad when a was a kid ("kid" being a realative term, no offense to all you wise anglers)I'm still new to this area and getting some good guidance from a friend some of ya'll (im texan, i can say that) might know as Ocktane. As of right now Im interested in fishing for salmon, even though they were the source of all my frustration this summer on the Skok. Guess you could say I have a taste for revenge. Ill be posting some questions thoughout the forms trying to absorb all the knowlege I can. Good to be a part of this forum. See ya'll out there! -Cory

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Cory, welcome to WaLakes. Be sure to go to the Sportsman Show in Puyallup starting tomorrow and thru the weekend at the fairgrounds . They'll have a stream there and a few clinics that should help you.
Tom.

Interests: living