Wa.Lks Derby - ANNUAL PICNIC!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
rjn cajun
Captain

RE:Wa.Lks Derby - ANNUAL PICNIC!

Post by rjn cajun » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:15 am

Two years in a row I`ve missed out on some fun with great people. Looks like it was a blast.

KevinS
Petty Officer

Post by KevinS » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:24 am

Had a good time and welcomed the opportunity to meet everyone.

Kevin

Kevin

I know enough to know that I don't know enough to know.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:41 am

adding a picture, not sure why but recently they've been downloading differently, without the thumbnail.

Attachments
walakes_picnic.JPG
walakes_picnic.JPG (367.27 KiB) Viewed 4409 times
Last edited by Big D on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:07 pm

tnj8222 wrote:I can cater the picnic with jersey mikes! We will donate about 50 - 100 people worth of food! Who else can bring stuff? Drinks chips? I can bring plates and napkins aswell. Lets set a date!

mighty dang nice of ya TNJ

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Thank you Mike for puting on the picnic. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone who was able to attend. Thanks tnj8222 for the subs and everybody else for the great potluck. I was starving when I got off the water and the salads and everything (pickled Bolognas :clown:)were great. Congrats Gringo on the casting contest. Wait till next year :-({|= Thanks to Dez for the Dobyns certificate package, I was lucky enough to win in the free raffle. :cheers: Very excited to get my first Dobyns rod :thumright. Even got to meet Amx [flapper] Good Times

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

I wanted that dobyns cert. Got the heavy swimbait rod, now need a flipping rod.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:02 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:adding a picture, not sure why but recently they've been downloading differently, without the thumbnail.
Doeesn't show as a picture because it's seems to be too big. :-k
Tom.

Interests: living

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:04 pm

Fishing was ok to good, well one fish was anyway altho it got off.[woot] The picnic was great as was/were the people. [thumbsup]
Tom.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:29 pm

You guys might have got beat by a gurl but I got beat by the same girl and she was using my rod.I probably would have won if Dez wasnt blinding me with his bass lure. It threw off my sight. Hehehehe.. Next year I demand a rematch.Hahaha. Thanks everyone for a great time. It was way more fun then work. I had a blast,seeing some old friends and new ones.Tony the sandwiches were the Fire.
By the way AMX wasnt grumpy like they all said. He is really nice. Hahaha:-"
Last edited by racfish on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:36 pm

I was TOLD to be on my best behavour. :) But that still wasn't good enough, so they sent in a clone. [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /shock.gif]c[/img]
Tom.

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 pm

LOL this sounds like it was a lot of fun. Big big kudos to tnj :cheers: for sporting all that food even tho I didn't make it this go round. Sure a kudos due for many others that helped get it all organized and together too (like Dez and I'm sure others).
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

guitarfisher
Petty Officer

Post by guitarfisher » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 am

We had a great time with the WALakes gang at the picnic. And for those who didn't get a chance to meet her, here's the "girl" - Sonia - who kicked all our asses in the casting contest (except for Gringo, of course ;) I'm not surprised. She kicks mine frequently. The first time we went fishing together I knew I was in trouble - and in love - when she said, "give me your knife... I want to gut these fish". The rest is history...
Attachments
Sonia_on_Nehalem-Cook_Creek.jpg
Sonia_on_Nehalem-Cook_Creek.jpg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Sonia_1.jpg
Sonia_1.jpg (17.61 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
Last edited by guitarfisher on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

“I am haunted by waters.”--Norman Maclean

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 am

racfish wrote:You guys might have got beat by a gurl but I got beat by the same girl and she was using my rod.I probably would have won if Dez wasnt blinding me with his bass lure. It threw off my sight. Hehehehe.. Next year I demand a rematch.Hahaha. Thanks everyone for a great time. It was way more fun then work. I had a blast,seeing some old friends and new ones.Tony the sandwiches were the Fire.
rac you must have caught AMX on a good day:-" You should see him on one of his not so good days[flapper]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 am

rjn cajun wrote:
racfish wrote:You guys might have got beat by a gurl but I got beat by the same girl and she was using my rod.I probably would have won if Dez wasnt blinding me with his bass lure. It threw off my sight. Hehehehe.. Next year I demand a rematch.Hahaha. Thanks everyone for a great time. It was way more fun then work. I had a blast,seeing some old friends and new ones.Tony the sandwiches were the Fire.
rac you must have caught AMX on a good day:-" You should see him on one of his not so good days[flapper]
A 'not so good day'? I didn't know I had it so good. [flapper]
Tom.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 am

Amx wrote:
MarkFromSea wrote:adding a picture, not sure why but recently they've been downloading differently, without the thumbnail.
Doeesn't show as a picture because it's seems to be too big. :-k
Thanks, I'll try to adjust on my end first in the future. Robyn's camera, I just copied, didn't check size....

Thanks again for all of that food guys, the subs, everything was awesome... The biggest surprise was that more people didn't show.

Racfish, Robyn says "Howdy!"

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:37 am

guitarfisher wrote:We had a great time with the WALakes gang at the picnic. And for those who didn't get a chance to meet her, here's the "girl" - Sonia - who kicked all our asses in the casting contest (except for Gringo, of course ;) I'm not surprised. She kicks mine frequently. The first time we went fishing together I knew I was in trouble - and in love - when she said, "give me your knife... I want to gut these fish". The rest is history...
That's a great start! Can you post a picture of her truck as well? :)

Old joke, I'm still trying to be funny no matter how many times Robyn says I'm not. LOL

Congratulations Sonia on taking second place!

coretron22
Warrant Officer

Post by coretron22 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Would've loved to have met some of you guys, sounds like it was fun...next time.
Soundgarden was EPIC, though.:thumright

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey Guyz i just wanted too thank everyone that attended the Pic Nic this year , I alwayz look forward to chatting and laughing with all of the Cool Members from this site , you guyz Rock !! :cheers:

Big thanks to Tony for the awesome Subs ! and thanks for all that brought even more food items which made for the perfect lunch in park this past saturday ..:chef:

Mike hats off for putting on the event again this year man !!!
this event marked the 4th year of Washington lake.com "giving back too the members" which is Mikes way of saying thanks for making us the #1 fishing site in the state of washington , thats something we can all be proud us !! :king:

Mark Gringo , Big Congrats for bringing home the title of "Casting champion" [thumbsup] ! Out Of the 4 years mark has won this contest 3 times thus far . I really thought it was super cool to see the stiff competion this year , lots of close calls and as some mentioned above "who was that lady with the killer casting arm" lol ...

Lastthing , for those who won the Dobyns Package , I will be P.M. you the contact info you need come time of purchase , if anyone has any question please feel free to conatct me directly ..

Thanks again guyz for the the great timez and see ya next year [thumbup]

BBD:salut:
Last edited by Bigbass Dez on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Right ON! I'm glad this all came together.
Wish I could have been there to kick all your asses but this is actually the first time I've been around the site in awhile. Work, work, work.
Next year it will be on. And I will once again help in planning and organizing. I hope the guys that helped Mike out this year will be down to do it again. It looks like you guys did an outstanding job. Sorry Dez, you probably had to make the rings again. I still have the others sitting in the garage. At least we have a set now.
Nice job once again Mike, Tony and LittleBassDez.
Gringo............I don't even know what to say. But I will find a way to accidentally step on that golden stick of yours.
Next Years Slogan - "DOWN WITH THE GRINGO"

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 am

Good to see a great time was had by all. Wish I could have made it.Working retail sucks sometimes. Maybe next year
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;