2010 WL.com Picnic/Derby!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

2010 WL.com Picnic/Derby!

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:37 pm

I can now OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE :cheers:

The 2010 WL.com Derby/Picnic will be held at Lake Tapps on July 17th, a Saturday.

This is a community event with a friendly fishing derby attached. Species in the derby will be bass and new for this year - PERCH - for the kids and families.

Food, Fun, and Fellowship are on the agenda, and of course some nice gifts and prizes as Aaron's and my way of saying "thank you" to all the great members of this web site.

As in past years, this is a potluck event and WL.com will be supplying the hotdogs and other goodies. We hope to see a record turnout this year and look forward to visiting with all the WL.com members.

The event will be held at the north end of the lake. I'll be posting directions and maps soon.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

RE:2010 WL.com Picnic/Derby!

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Who's gonna answer all my petty questions and publish my whoopee ding-dong reports while I'm over here fishin? (6 hrs away):-({|=

I vote for an East-side picnic/potluck as well. :bounce:

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Image I WILL, I WILL. Image

The answers will probably be wrong, but at least you'll get an answer. Image
Tom.

Interests: living

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Seriously though, it sounds like a great time and I would love to meet all you folks that are part of this family! I like to put faces to the names and get to know you guys better. I'll be there if I can.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Okanogan Sagerat wrote:Seriously though, it sounds like a great time and I would love to meet all you folks that are part of this family! I like to put faces to the names and get to know you guys better. I'll be there if I can.
That would be way cool to see some eastsiders over here. Last year Marc Martyn, Lotech Joe, and some others had an eastside get together. Hopefully you eastsiders can organize something again this year. It's beyond my energy to do two picnic/derbies in one year. :-"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 am

How about an Eastside vs Westside small informal tourney with-in the tourney/picnic? :-)
Tom.

Interests: living

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 am

friendly bragging rights? why not!

salmonslayer117
Commander

Post by salmonslayer117 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 am

Sounds like an absolute blast! I'll do my best to represent the westsiders (all in fun)! Seeya there!
When times get tough, just keep on fishin'!!!

FishHead
Petty Officer

Post by FishHead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Just wondering if we need a whole bunch of boat insurance to take part in the fishing tournament at tapps this year?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:40 am

FishHead wrote:Just wondering if we need a whole bunch of boat insurance to take part in the fishing tournament at tapps this year?
I would say in general anyone that has a boat such have insurance on it and at a mininum some medical coverage included. At this point we haven't decided if we will have a formal derby or something less formal.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 am

Well glad the date is up I may try to make that one of the dates I come over. Maybe I could finally get a toothy creature:rambo: Hope I can make it. And to all you Eastsiders that say it is too far I say you can do it:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

FishHead
Petty Officer

Post by FishHead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks Mike for the picnic info.I have a small boat ,but I am going to take your advice and get some insurance.I am looking forward to the event,and am excited to meet the people I don't know on your site.And thanks for getting back to me so soon.Also I love the new videos and I will defineatly be renewing my premium membership very soon.

FishHead
Petty Officer

Post by FishHead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks Mike for the picnic info.I have a small boat ,but I am going to take your advice and get some insurance.I am looking forward to the event,and am excited to meet the people I don't know on your site.And thanks for getting back to me so soon.Also I love the new videos and I will defineatly be renewing my premium membership very soon.

FishHead
Petty Officer

Post by FishHead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:02 pm

FishHead
Petty Officer

Post by FishHead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 am

fishaholictaz wrote:Well glad the date is up I may try to make that one of the dates I come over. Maybe I could finally get a toothy creature:rambo: Hope I can make it. And to all you Eastsiders that say it is too far I say you can do it:-"
The contest is Bass and Perch, which one is the "Toothy" one? #-o

Now if Mike added Tigers to the list too....:dj:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 am

RaMcVey wrote:
fishaholictaz wrote:Well glad the date is up I may try to make that one of the dates I come over. Maybe I could finally get a toothy creature:rambo: Hope I can make it. And to all you Eastsiders that say it is too far I say you can do it:-"
The contest is Bass and Perch, which one is the "Toothy" one? #-o

Now if Mike added Tigers to the list too....:dj:
Unfortunately adding muskies would create another layer of complexity I'm not willing to hassle with (catch and release, photos, weights, etc). I want to keep this a fun, family typw event. I figure perch will give the kids and familes something to target, and the bass guys - well, we know they are hard-core when it comes to derbys! Hoping it makes for a fun day.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 pm

I will be there and hopefully with a bass boat :cheers:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:58 pm

I figure if I can make it I will whip up on all the bass guys in an hour tops[flapper] Plenty of time to search out a tiger[cool]
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah you eastsiders should do one at like Potholes so I can have an excuse to go over there and catch some walleye!