Salmon (Area 11)

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fisherhall
Warrant Officer

Salmon (Area 11)

Post by fisherhall » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:06 pm

Has anyone been catching salmon in Area 11 yet. I heard that they're starting to come in, but I wanted to make sure before I take the boat out.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Salmon (Area 11)

Post by A9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Not sure if you are aware but Salmonuniversity.com is a great tool to get weekly reports. Check their reports section. Looks like they are taking some fish out there, I sure know over the last few days just cruising in Area 9 I'm seeing a lot of jumping salmon and bait out there. Good weather is in the forecast, looks like a great time for ya to head out there.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

christopherbeebe
Warrant Officer

Post by christopherbeebe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:11 pm

fisherhall wrote:Has anyone been catching salmon in Area 11 yet. I heard that they're starting to come in, but I wanted to make sure before I take the boat out.
I HOOKED UP AND LOST ABOUT A 20LB KING ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I WAS ON THE REDONDO PIER WITHOUT MY NET SO U KNOW HOW THAT WENT. I WAS JIGGING A 2 1/4 OZ PT. WILSONS DART CANDLE FISH GREEN AND WHITE. TODAY I WENT OUT AND SEEN ALOT OF 20" JACKS JUMPING OUT OF THE WATER. BUT I WOULD SAY THEY ARE STARTING TO SHOW
Fish Hard, Or Go Home!

fisherhall
Warrant Officer

Post by fisherhall » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Not sure if you are aware but Salmonuniversity.com is a great tool to get weekly reports.
I checked out the website you mentioned and it looks like the fish are starting to show up. Now I just need to pick a good day to get out there.

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

Post by Easy Limits » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:59 pm

The migrating fall fish start to show in numbers about the third week in July.