Chum fishing in area 11

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Eric the boat guy
Petty Officer

Chum fishing in area 11

Post by Eric the boat guy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Looking for info on fishing chums in area 11. I currently have my 28 in the water at Browns point and looking to possible bang a few before weather shuts us it completely. Any info much appreciated!
If it ant broke don't fix it, otherwise pay the guy to do it right!

spokey9
Captain

Re: Chum fishing in area 11

Post by spokey9 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Eric the boat guy wrote:Looking for info on fishing chums in area 11. I currently have my 28 in the water at Browns point and looking to possible bang a few before weather shuts us it completely. Any info much appreciated!
if you're willing to run up by bremerton, the chum should showing in the bay chico creek feeds into. or maybe the salt nearby minter over by purdy.

i dont have much info on saltwater chums besides that. hope it helps some.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:28 am

I heard of guys anchoring and drifting sardines under a float in the salt for chum. Sounds like a great time. If anyone would be willing to give a little information on the subject, that would be great! If you don't want too broadcast, then a PM would work. Sure would like to give that a try.
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:09 pm

Don't know much about it myself, but here is a video Mike posted a while back.

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... spx?id=132

GoDeep
Petty Officer

Post by GoDeep » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:46 am

I'm going to try the Sardine under a float tactic for the first time this November in Chico Bay. I'm pretty stoked about it.....seems like a fund way to catch them. They should be arriving soon!

cxlumpy
Petty Officer

Post by cxlumpy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 pm

i was raised in bremerton and fished chico creek for many years. ive done really well with sardines/herring under a float, buzzbombs, spoons, jigs, and even wet flys. in the past years i usually go around this time until mid to end of nov. a jig under a float with scent works well too. if you want to go fish chico creek send me a message im planning to go out on a trip to visit my parents (grab my smoker) and fish.

Eric the boat guy
Petty Officer

Post by Eric the boat guy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:35 pm

I know Chico but unfortunately I'm using my 28 ft boat and fuel would sting a bit to get there and my dads physical limitations prevent me from taking him anywhere where we would normally wear waders. I'm in Browns point area .

corny
Angler

Post by corny » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:51 pm

go over to the gig harbor side of the sound and fish here thats where they have been lately .[ ive heard ]

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:06 pm

The Minter Creek run might be your best bet.

Eric the boat guy
Petty Officer

Post by Eric the boat guy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:42 pm

It's tough when you just wanna use your boat! The upside is the amenities in a large boat, hot coffe, heat, bathroom, warm food, the downside is how tough it is to manage a28 foot boat in shallow water with outgoing tides. May have to leave the boat at the slip and do some foot work!