Surf Perch

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Surf Perch

Post by RiverWarrior » Sun May 18, 2014 1:56 pm

My friend and I needed some salt therapy so we decided to take a quick, spontaneous trip to the coast on Thursday. We grabbed our waders and fishing poles and headed out. My friend found out with the quickness that his fears had become true... Leaky waders.... But we proceeded to march out into the mighty pacific. We only got to fish for 2 hours on an outgoing tide. Not ideal but we were fishing and happy. We caught some fish and it was a great time. Best outing of Surf Perch fishing I've had. For those going out there watch out for the dips in the sand, they can be deeper than you think and also dangerous when the tides coming back in. Be careful out there. For bait, we used the basic frozen shrimp. :fish:

jmpurser
Petty Officer

Re: Surf Perch

Post by jmpurser » Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Nuts! I went out Thursday and got nothing for my trouble but dumped on my ass in the surf and one undersized dungeness crab. Didn't even get a single strike from a surfperch!

Where did you go?

RiverWarrior
Petty Officer

Post by RiverWarrior » Mon May 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Oops i meant to say we went out on friday, but we were fishing around Twin Harbors. Ive had those days too, plagued with undersized dungies and no perch for the effort. That is one frustrating day of Fishing!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Great times! I love those surf perch trip reports. It's exillerating and fun!