pflueger

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
goonatic
Commander

Re: pflueger

Post by goonatic » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 pm

i dont like penn much, seems like they get wobbly on the line lay and it doesnt fill the spool evenly, it misses the top and bottom and the middle i thicker, causes alot of line problems, shimano and plueger are my favorites, although i got a daiwa procyon on the way here, cant wait

fdelgado17
Angler

Post by fdelgado17 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

I just tested a new Pflueger Supreme for Stuff Stuff and really loved it. It casts a mile and is really smooth on the retrieve and has a great drag. The magnetic cast control was not the best, but I got by fine. My first baitcast reel was a Pflueger I bought in 1983 and it is still working to this day. I also have a Patriarch which is one of my favorite reels for walleye. I have had nothing but great success with my Pfluegers. I like them as well as any other reels I have owned.

fishinChristian
Commander

Post by fishinChristian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 am

I h ave had very good service from my Pfluegers, including the model you mentioned, with moderately rough treatment. Wonder if you got a lemon? Back when Ambassadeurs were the best and about only, I got one that just wouldn't fix right for casting. Exchanged it for the same model, and it worked perfectly. The Stradic is a great reel too, and I'm glad you found a good replacement. Medium priced (never thought I'd say THAT about a $200 reel!) reels are better overall than their cheaper relatives, but there are exceptions. I used a $900 reel for part of a day, and didn't see much of an improvement, certainly not $700 worth.