Hevi Beads 2013 Product Review

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Hevi Beads 2013 Product Review

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:31 am

Aaron and I got to visit with Loren Dunbar of Hevi Beads at Ed Iman's Fish Camp this year. Some interesting variations using the Hevi Bead products, and some new products coming out.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Re: Hevi Beads 2013 Product Review

Post by HillbillyGeek » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 am

Very interesting. Do they have different weights in the same size? (Tungsten vs glass)

Gringo Pescador

Re: Hevi Beads 2013 Product Review

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:55 am

HillbillyGeek wrote:Very interesting. Do they have different weights in the same size? (Tungsten vs glass)
I don't think they do, I beleive they are all glass, so the weight would only vary bythe size. Of course maybe the rubberised ones are heavier?

I have a bunch tied up inline with flash and feathers (just bought the beads and used my own rubber bands and threaded with a piece of mono instead of buying the threading tool) and I think they look VERY fishy, but I have yet to catch anything on them. Tried them a couple outings and then went back to my confidence setups. I need to pull em out and give em another shot..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker