catching catfish

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
darrenhw
Angler

catching catfish

Post by darrenhw » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:51 am

my kids want to try to catch some catfish that are edible. we live in issaquah and wanted to know any good places within two hours for catfishing. we also have no idea how to catch them. if anyone has some time, please help us. it would also be nice to camp and fish at these places.

thank you,
darren

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:catching catfish

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:26 am

Most smaller lakes in our area have catfish.Im sure Pine lake has and probably Beaver as well.Sammamish does for sure.I feel it might be just a tad early for the local cats.I used to fish the Uof W Arboretum area for cats.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:03 pm

right in your backyard: Lake Sammamish. Fish from shore or small boat near any of the lily pads. Use worms and fish at the bottom. late afternoon and towards evenings are best.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:18 am

darrenhw wrote:my kids want to try to catch some catfish that are edible we live in issaquah and wanted to know any good places within two hours for catfishing. we also have no idea how to catch them. if anyone has some time, please help us. it would also be nice to camp and fish at these places.

thank you,
darren
is there such a thing #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

darrenhw
Angler

Post by darrenhw » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:09 pm

we will try over the weekend. we will go near the boat launch on the eastside of the lake.
thanks guys!!

darren

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Last august my dad and i caught about 4 cats from Lake Sammamish State Park just before it got dark and they closed down the the park. Im sure if we would have stayed longer we would have caught many more.

We caught them all on the bottom with nightcrawlers on the left side of the sand that goes out with the mouth of the creek.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 pm

JT26 wrote:...We caught them all on the bottom with nightcrawlers on the left side of the sand that goes out with the mouth of the creek.
Next time, try the RIGHT side (north side of where the creek empties into the lake).:-"

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 pm

We fished the side marked with blue...do you mean the side i marked with red?

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:50 am

JT26 wrote:We fished the side marked with blue...do you mean the side i marked with red?

Yep. The area in red and also a bit towards the right closer to shore (kinda weedy and marshy there) ... :-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.