gas powered boating lakes ???

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
oneshot
Commodore

gas powered boating lakes ???

Post by oneshot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 am

Is there a list out there somewhere of what lakes for gas powered boats and lakes for no gas powered boats?

like one easy long list for Washington?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: gas powered boating lakes ???

Post by Amx » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 am

No. And they can't seem to get one together. Or don't seem to want to make up a list.
Tom.

Interests: living

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:05 pm

I haven't seen one for the state, but here is a list for Snoho. I know one for King also exists. Maybe Pierce as well.

http://www.co.snohomish.wa.us/documents ... itle12.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 pm

There is a thread from about a year sgo on here, that gives snohomish county and im pretty sure king, snd maybe skagit. Maybey mike can link you to it. On my phone, kind of hard. Start making search inquiries. Through the forum. But as you know, thesr lists arent perfect, but a place to start.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:30 pm

What's wrong with the Washington State 2012 - 2013 Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet? All you have to do is look up any body of water you want fish on. If it doesn't say "internal combustion motors prohibited" then they are ok to use. Lake you want fish isn't listed? Ok to use a motor UNLESS that body of water falls under municipal control and the municipality states no motors. Might not be in the pamphlet, but that's not WDFWs fault.

Everyone should have a copy of the rules with them anyway, backpack, glove box, tackle box, etc. If you've got a smart phone, you don't even need the paper copy. Me, I like the low tech version. [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:53 pm

thanks ya'll..

i have like 3 copies of the rule book. I'm just asking for A list of them all in one place with out searching through pages and pages and pages.. the pdf posted is good!! thanks mitchard! snohomish county is the stomping grounds i prefer too :)

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 am

hewesfisher wrote:What's wrong with the Washington State 2012 - 2013 Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet? All you have to do is look up any body of water you want fish on. If it doesn't say "internal combustion motors prohibited" then they are ok to use.
Not necessarily true.

Compare the list provided by SnoCo with the rule pamphlet, and you can see that TONS of lakes have on the list, while very few of them have the restriction disclaimer in the rule pamphlet. Personally, I wouldn't ever use the rule pamphlet for information on motor restrictions.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 am

mitchard wrote:
hewesfisher wrote:What's wrong with the Washington State 2012 - 2013 Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet? All you have to do is look up any body of water you want fish on. If it doesn't say "internal combustion motors prohibited" then they are ok to use.
Not necessarily true.

Compare the list provided by SnoCo with the rule pamphlet, and you can see that TONS of lakes have on the list, while very few of them have the restriction disclaimer in the rule pamphlet. Personally, I wouldn't ever use the rule pamphlet for information on motor restrictions.
If you're going to quote me, quote completely. Pay attention to the rest of what I wrote. In the case of SnoCo, the county is enacting rules within their jurisdiction just the same as a municipality. King county may do the same, other counties in the state may also, so, if it's not listed in the regs pamphlet check local and/or county ordinances. As long as municipalities and counties choose to make restrictions within their jurisdictions, there will NEVER be a single source document to cover all scenarios. [rolleyes]
hewesfisher wrote:What's wrong with the Washington State 2012 - 2013 Sport Fishing Rules Pamphlet? All you have to do is look up any body of water you want fish on. If it doesn't say "internal combustion motors prohibited" then they are ok to use. Lake you want fish isn't listed? Ok to use a motor UNLESS that body of water falls under municipal control and the municipality states no motors. Might not be in the pamphlet, but that's not WDFWs fault.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

there ya go..

"whats wrong with the rule pamphlet" ???

well, if you need to check 2 sources then something is wrong with the rule pamphlet.. do i have a point?

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

I guess I misread your post. The way you wrote it, it made it seems like you were saying the municipal rules only applied to lakes that were not listed in the pamphlet.

ICSpots
Petty Officer

Post by ICSpots » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Not this again. [rolleyes]

Below I've pasted a couple of responses from last year concerning this topic.

The WA State restrictions state that you can't have a internal combustion engine installed on a boat in certain bodies of water.

The King County restrictions state that you can't operate an internal combustion engine on certain bodies of water. I imagine the King County restrictions were put in place for safety and/or noise concerns as many of the identified lakes are smaller in size.

If you fish in King County you will need to pay attention to both the (1) WA State restrictions identified in the WA State Fishing Regulations and (2) the King County Code in order to identify all of the King County lakes that have some sort of internal combustion engine restriction. It should be noted that King County has posted signs concerning their restriction at the launch sites of the affected lakes.

Think of it like the different WA State, County & City restrictions concerning fireworks. Fun, fun, fun!

Have a safe and enjoyable 4th.

Tim
Rich McVey wrote:
ICSpots wrote:FYI - At least in the Seattle area, you will encounter two different groups of lakes that have internal combustion restrictions. The 1st group of lakes fall under the WA state restriction as identified by Rich above. The 2nd group of lakes fall under a King County restriction which differs from the WA state restriction. I don't have the King County regulation handy but I know Lake Dolloff in Federal Way has a sign at the launch which identifies the specific information. My understanding of the King County regulation is that you can't operate an internal combustion engine.

The bottom line is that it depends on which lake(s) you are talking about.

Tim

YUP. Heres the link to the regs:

12.44.790 Lake Dolloff restrictions. It is unlawful to use or operate any internal combustion engine on Lake Dolloff, legally defined as all the water of Lake Dolloff located within Section 10, Township 21 North, Range 4 East, W.M., in King County, Washington]
King County Boating regulations[/url]

Check out the "King County Code Section 12.44" document and search for the lake.