Lowrance updates

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
reddog
Petty Officer

Lowrance updates

Post by reddog » Thu May 12, 2011 2:21 am

Looking at downloading from the web an update for my 522c iGPS. Lowrance's web site says that they have figured out how to fix the shallow water with weeds (the sonar shuts down in those conditions) issue. But what I dont know is what I will lose (if anything) of my settings or waypoints if I upgrade the software version. Has anyone ever done this with their Lowrance sucessfully? And if so, how? Can the existing settings be "saved" somehow? Lowrance's web site was no help with these questions.
Thanks

duffy
Petty Officer

RE:Lowrance updates

Post by duffy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:58 am

I am not familiar with your unit but MOST of the time the update goes in without affecting your settings or waypoints. Does your unit have a SD card slot that you can download your info to? I know some of them came with software that you could download your waypoints to your computer and research them there also. That may be a option too. I guess you could always e-mail Lowrance and ask one of the tech's just to be sure.

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Lowrance updates

Post by G-Man » Fri May 13, 2011 2:05 pm

I did the update to my sonar a few years ago when the initial fix first came out. You still have issues from time to time but not nearly as frequent. Also, you get some additional standard sonar settings to choose from which you may or may not care for and some cool new features. I saved all of my info to a SD card prior to the update and reloaded it afterward. The user manual for your sonar has instructions on how to do this.