hewescraft vs northriver vs smokercraft

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Gisteppo
Commodore

RE:hewescraft vs northriver vs smokercraft

Post by Gisteppo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:18 am

Wow, tough but pig-dog ugly....

Remember weight = economy. Light boats are efficient boats.

E

wintersteelhead
Warrant Officer

Post by wintersteelhead » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:41 am

I am the proud owner of a Smokercraft Phantom 18. I chose that boat over the Alumaweld Intruder because of the slpash well and the storage. The 12 degree hull has the same thickness and dimensions but each are a little diferent after that. The windshield on the Phantom is a little shorter making it a little awkward to see out the front when trolling in the back, but the storage is a must. Two self draining fish boxes in the pantom are a life saver. The 12 degree hull is a little flat. If I had it to do over again I would have chose a boat with a 14 degree. The payoff for the 12 deg is fuel economy. I fished the san juans last weekend. put over 140 miles. The Honda 90 and 8 kicker used up 18 gallons in my 38 gallon onboard tank. The downside to the 12 deg is it rides on top of the water and not through it. A bit of a kidney buster. But when your in slight chop with it trimmed up, 35-40 mph @ 5500rpm with great economy. I fish my Boat 1-2 times a week. Things rattle loose and a boat needs constant TLC but I made the right choice for running the Sound and the San Juans. Stop by Boat Country in Everett. See Tim, tell him you want to take a ride. They are at Dagmars Marina and are happy to stick a boat in the water for you.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 am

Ford, Chevy, Dodge...... Repeat until there's no doubt.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!