Wilderness?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Wilderness?

Post by soulfishhawk » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:22 pm

I was curious if Wilderness is year round?? I've only been there a couple of times and it seems really "weedy" and I don't have a set up that casts to another county. Is there a good spot on the dock that anyone can suggest? I don't want to assume this lake sucks, obviously a ton of people fish there and have caught some good ones.

Matt
Admiral

RE:Wilderness?

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Rule is "if its not listed in the reg book then it is year round". Check the regs, if it is in there it will designate the season, if not listed the lake is open year round.

If its extra weedy a good setup to use would be a slip bobber and worm. Keep your presentation up out of the weeds. Adjust the bobber stop accordingly.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

smokum
Petty Officer

RE:Wilderness?

Post by smokum » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 pm

NOT a year=round lake and the opener is a ZOO, but MUCH fun if you get derby tickets!

Most fish will be quite shallow as the lake isn't warm enough for the plants to go deep.

Last year during the derby we saw most of the fish caught within 15 ft of the surface.

SO, my advice is to get there at O-dark thirty and wedge yourself into a place on the dock, 'cause it'll be crowded

Great derby run by the Chamber and LOTS of prizes for the kids, good breakfast and FUN. GO, you'll be glad you did.

PM me for more info if you like
Never let the TRUTH get in the way of a good fish story!!