road trip

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
crkohrin
Petty Officer

road trip

Post by crkohrin » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:32 pm

hey so im heading over to bozeman this weekend for a college orientation and was wondering if anyone had any favorite holes off 90 between here and there they were willing to share cus ill be fishing there the whole way, thanks

MackPrince
Petty Officer

RE:road trip

Post by MackPrince » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:49 pm

There are plenty of well marked access points along I-90 to fish the Clark Fork. I drove through Montana last week and the water flow was clean and high. TryRooster Tails or Mepps for spinners, and wooly buggers or coachmen patterns for flies. The mayfly hatch was just starting.
Take a kid fishing and make some reel memories.

Gisteppo
Commodore

RE:road trip

Post by Gisteppo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:25 am

Hah, I went to MSU-Bozeman my first year of school. 5 blue ribbon trout rivers converge there in the Bo-Zone, so the fishing there is great, as well as Hyalite reservoir.

You could also go down to Lewiston and head over Lolo pass, fishing the Lochsa and Dworshak reservoir on the way.

What dorm are you in?

E