whats the name of the bait company?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gian
Warrant Officer

whats the name of the bait company?

Post by gian » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 pm

You know, the one that sells all the live bait almost everywhere you go. Some one once told me to track down that company in order to find out where they deliver to. I'm trying to find a place on the eastside that sells nightcrawlers this late in the season. With Joes gone it's a hassle every time I want to get a line wet and I don't want to drive into Seattle for a dozen worms tomorrow. Any help?
I won't kill anything less than a meal

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:whats the name of the bait company?

Post by Amx » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Tom.

Interests: living

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:50 pm

I saw walmart had them if you have one near you.

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey gian, in a pinch you might try walmart sporting goods. I've seen some awsome canadian nightcrawlers in some of the stores here on the eastside. If you're not a fan of wally world, sometimes the corner mini-mart will have a few this time of year, just be sure to check them out before buying. Good luck with your search, and fishing

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Big five, Fred Meyer.......... Not to mention most of the gas stations and convenience stores near any fishing spots.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

wintersteelhead
Warrant Officer

Post by wintersteelhead » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:40 am

I'm with Bodo, Fred meyer and big 5. But the answer to your question is " Rays Bait ". Let us know where you intend to fish, I'm sure someone can locate the nearest bait tub for you.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:25 am

This is the company from walmart
DMF
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:36 am

Never rely on any of the big stores for healthy crawlers...... Wal-Mart worms look good in the store but as soon as they get at all warm they die and they are puny and freeze easy if it is cold.... Fred's is ok if they have a fresh batch but that is seldom it seems. They tend to not throw out the bad containers :-& .....
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:43 am

Gian,

I see you are in Sammamish - I've bought worms at the Fred Meyer on East Lake Sammamish Pkwy on my way up to Beaver Lake before...
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:03 pm

thanks guys. Most of the small stores around here only carry bait during the main summer season. I've been to the fred myers on east lake but never saw anything near the fishing department. They must keep them somewhere else? The big 5 near me does not have live bait either, at least none that I've ever seen. I'm going to do a search on rays bait and see if they are still shipping containers nearby. thanks again for all the imput.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 pm

I haven't seen a Big 5 that didn't carry bait....... for that matter Freddy's either. Did you ask? Big 5 usually had a couple small fridges with crap stacked all over them. Freddy's always has a big upright on the end of an isle. Herring on top, worms in the bottom.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Hey Gian,
The Fall City Market/gas station on Fall City Rd. used to have a good selection of bait. If you're out in that area for any reason, it might be an option.
Here is their phone number. (425) 222-7223

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Bent, thanks for the tip. I head through fall city on my way to langois, tokul, snoqualmie, tolt, raging.... Now that I know there is a bait shop in the city I wont have to worry about running out. I guess I need to make it a point to stop into more of these small stores when I'm out and about.

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:35 pm

One tip: If you are going to buy worms or other non-frozen bait, buy it from a store near your fishery (or another active fishery), otherwise, you'll likely end up with lower quality bait.
Lee