Lake Shoecraft for Trout

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Lake Shoecraft for Trout

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Does anyone know about how fishing is at Lake Shoecraft this time of year? I went in December last year and limited out, but I was wondering if anyone's heard about anything going on this time of year. That was one of my most memorable trips, but I don't want to drive all the way up there just to get skunked.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Lake Shoecraft for Trout

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Are we speaking the small body/lake near Lake Goodwin in the 7 lakes chain area???

15 minutes max from I-5 exits and well abused by many:colors:

If so its a great kid deal know circled with hero homes like lake Goodwin. Stocked trout, a few bass and a few last years fireworks gone bad! LOL

20 plus years ago we caught a few bigger fish in there and I think the boys club puts a few bigger fish early in her but like most all these smaller local lakes fish diver ducks punish the planters/trout:batman: lakes better then any angler does:-$

My best bud has a place on Goodwin 40 plus years soon as the sun shines break out the ear plugs the jet skies now own her until fall after about 65 degrees and 4 or 5 days of sunshine but that being said very strong on great Tan lines dock side:cyclopsan lol

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:10 pm

That's the one. Would you think that I would have a better bet going to Shoecraft or Goodwin on Saturday?

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm

goodwin
fish on!