Bull Frogs? Good places to go gigging?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Bull Frogs? Good places to go gigging?

Post by felts_jf » Fri May 23, 2008 7:52 am

Being I am from Kentucky this was one of my favorite things to do on warm summer nights, now not being there I was wondering if there is any place to find Bull Frogs up here and go gigging, Nothing better than fried frog legs?

Jason
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

EastsideRedneck
Commander

RE:Bull Frogs? Good places to go gigging?

Post by EastsideRedneck » Fri May 23, 2008 8:52 am

I don't think it really been warm enough yet to find any... I haven't seen or heard any yet this year.

I haven't eat'n frog legs since I was a kid. My grandmother used to make them for us on occaision.

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Fri May 23, 2008 8:53 am

The east side of the state has more bullfrog opportunities if you are willing to drive.

E

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri May 23, 2008 11:52 am

I did see a lot of Bullfrogs up near the Blaine area a few years ago when I did some work up there. Some of them were pretty large.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri May 23, 2008 12:31 pm

I have a little known lake near right here at work. In Kirkland there a lake called Totem Lake, it is right off the 124th NE street exit. It is outa control for bull frogs. I walk down there at lunch all the time as the weather gets nice and watch the development from eggs... to what we call "Waterdogs" (the very large tadpole looking thing prior to being a frog.)
I know there has been some general frog activity lately, but I haven't witnissed the water dogs near the dock.
I will go down there again soon and report back to you. Of course it's not Tacoma, but you don't have to go to Eastern Wa. either.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Around Sunnyside, there are two shallow lakes Giffen lake and Morgan lake. they both have tons of leopard bullfrogs. Before there was a limit, we used to get gunny sacks full of them. I have two fifteen foot gigs, anytime you are in this area, give me a post. It is still a little early, but the time is comin'....