Bank fishing in Lake Washington

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
trackster13
Petty Officer

Bank fishing in Lake Washington

Post by trackster13 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:45 pm

hey everyone, I've been trying to target smallies on the banks of LW for the past few weeks to no avail. I live in Seattle and normally try to hit coulon, seward park area and madrona from the shore or off docks. I dropshot around any structures I can find and still can't get any to bite (if they are even there)...any recommendations for where to go from shore? Or any bait recommendations besides worms and crankbaits?

bpm2000
Captain

RE:Bank fishing in Lake Washington

Post by bpm2000 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 am

Try throwing some different baits around - there are fish at both places u mentioned.

Try dragging t-rigged plastics (smallies love grubs n lizards!) uphill towards you around riprap. Work a spinnerbait past cover and along the bank. They have moved up pretty shallow so you will get one any day now.

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:28 am

trackster13 wrote:hey everyone, I've been trying to target smallies on the banks of LW for the past few weeks to no avail. I live in Seattle and normally try to hit coulon, seward park area and madrona from the shore or off docks. I dropshot around any structures I can find and still can't get any to bite (if they are even there)...any recommendations for where to go from shore? Or any bait recommendations besides worms and crankbaits?

Trackmaster13: I feel your pain, I have went out a couple of times around the Cut/ Husky Stadium area and no success. I used white spinner bait, crank bait, and Yamatto Senko. I believe they are in those areas we are trying but just not as active yet. I need to take a look back in my log and see what time last year I hooked into my first bass.. I thnk it was late May though. Keep trying though, probabilty will kick in if nothing else, haha.
Go Huskies!

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:52 pm

I fish LW from shore all the time. I rarely catch smallies (from LW atleast). I think from shore ive proboly caught two. Small ones though, less than a pound. One just throwing a plain night crawler and splitshot blindly of a pier near seward park, and another on a crappie tube or something like that. Also, try perch patterns, since there are so many in LW.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 06, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.