SUN LAKES

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
OldFishGuy
Petty Officer

SUN LAKES

Post by OldFishGuy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Heard that WDF has opened Blue and Park lakes for month of October. No limit. Catch all you want. Anyone know how fishing is there this time of year? Might be worth a trip from West side for a weekend fishing.

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Re: SUN LAKES

Post by branweeds » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:35 pm

http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/sepa/2016/ ... b_plan.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe due to the high populations of warm water species? So could be some great smallie/bluegill/perch fishing

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:27 pm

We live in Coulee City so we went down to Blue Lake about a week ago. We targeted perch, we fished about five hours and caught 5 perch between 8 to 13 inches and an unbelievable amount of perch between 3-8 inches. We didn't see anybody catch any trout. I usually hate to see the game dept kill off any lake but they have my blessing in this case. We watched two different bass boats working the shore lines but never saw them get a fish. We did get into some nice perch in Moses Lake a few days ago but the walleye bite has been dead for us in Moses lake, Potholes and Banks Lake for the last month. I hope this report helps in some way, I just hate seeing folks spend a lot of money and time just because the game dept. says the fishing should be good. Good luck and stay safe.

OldFishGuy
Petty Officer

Post by OldFishGuy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:38 am

Thanks Hewesbob. Saves me a trip. How about Jamison? I've heard October can yield some hefty Rainbows.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:29 pm

We fished Jamison last weekend, we caught a couple over 10 inches and tons of 3-8 inch fish. Jamison is only about 40 mins. from our house and I wont be going there again this year and if I had to drive from the west side I know for sure I wouldn't make the trip. We will be going back to Buffalo lake again this week, I will post a report.