NorthernPike Minnow

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Stacie Kelsey
Commander

RE:NorthernPike Minnow

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Tri Cities area fish and baits to use:

Best month for the area is July (last year 1130 at the station).

Near the mouths of the Yakima and Snake rivers, mormom crickets, salmon eggs and chicken liver works best.

Columbia River current seams, weed bed edges and island from Leslie Groves Park downstream to the Boise Cascade Paper Mill are great pikeminnow habitat.

The tailraces below McNary, Ice Harbor, Lower Monumental and Little Goose dams are some of the least fished areas. Success in these areas though has been with soft plastic tube baits. Bank access is good and boats are not needed in most areas below dams.

Side note: when I ran the dam angling fishery off the four lower Columbia dams back in the 90s McNary was a hot spot! I'm not sure why it's not fished as much these days because they are still there. I see them all the time when I go up in that area to visit family.

As more information becomes available with maps and such, I will post those on the forum.

Hope this helps!

stace
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SammamishCrawfisher
Petty Officer

Post by SammamishCrawfisher » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Using salmon eggs been fishing for an hour caught a nice rainbow but forgot that they ARE in season

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Sun May 01, 2011 5:38 pm

I've caught pikeminnow on the snoqualmie river right below fall city. I also hear they can get thick in the sammamish river. Just make sure to check the regs on what you can use to catch them.
I won't kill anything less than a meal