Panfish next week

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Panfish next week

Post by sharpshooter223 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:30 pm

If i were to go to the i-82 ponds or Scootney area lakes or quincy area lakes next week, what would be a good way to pursue some panfish, as in depth, and matters of the sort.

aaron42ash
Lieutenant

RE:Panfish next week

Post by aaron42ash » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm

I would try Scootney or Myron before the I-82 ponds. I have friend that lives in Yakima and we try these ponds every once and a while with limited success. Most fish in these ponds seem stunted for one reason or another. However, we have aught some nice crappie in #2 i think....or was it #4? Whatever. Try the other spots. Read up on Panfishers reports for depth color and tactic. He does a great job on the reports and they have always helped us when we fish public waters near Yakima. My suggestion is to fish small. I like marabou jigs in 1/100 white, white/silver, yellow, pink, and Gulp minnows (1" model) in silver and black. Set about 1 foot deeper than you can see your bait in the water. This is a general rule for crappie. ie if you see your bait disappear at 4 foot, then set your jig at 5 foot etc. Give that a shot and let us know how you do.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.