Greenlake stocker vs Lost Lake cutthroat ... FIGHT!

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

Re: Greenlake stocker vs Lost Lake cutthroat ... FIGHT!

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 am

Amx wrote:I don't know about that. The BEST trout I've ever had were small brook trout from a high mountain stream. Fresh cooked, and then again for breakfast.
1st those aren't stocker trout
2nd camping food is ALWAYS better than home food [thumbsup]

Before St Helens blew her top my uncle had some leased land south of Riffe Lake for cattle. My cousins and I spent many weekends camping out there, there were a couple beaver ponds on the property that had trout in them. We'd live off em. Just gut em and cook em over the fire on sticks like marshmallows. Good times.

Which brings me to another story.. My uncle was at the property on May 18th. He woke up that morning, got dressed, had a cup of coffee, stepped out of the trailer to pee and was standing there watching the mountain peeing when it blew [scared]
He jumped in his pickup and hauled ass north. Got all the way home to Bonny Lake before he realized he hadn't even put his Johnson away [woot]
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

whorde
Petty Officer

Re: Greenlake stocker vs Lost Lake cutthroat ... FIGHT!

Post by whorde » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 am

Wow, that is a great story.

And yes, I need to find more sources of brook trout. Because as an unapologetic carnivore, I must EAT THEM!