Lake Chelan Kokanee Get Together

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rseas
Commander

Re: Lake Chelan Kokanee Get Together May 3-6th

Post by rseas » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 am

Whoops too quick on the trigger. We will be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving after checkout on Monday morning. Plan to fish Friday evening(I can dream can't I), Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Rseas let me know if you want me to bring anything. Food type stuff, Paper plates, cups, the like? The details of our arrival and deptature time/days have yet to be worked out. All i know is i wanna catch fish, lots of um. Do you guys enjoy (in moderation) the occasinal oat soda or wobblie pop while camping?

THIS JUST IN- we will be leaving this side friday night and arriving there i dont know when yet but probably late, and staying to hit the morning bite on sunday. :cheers: Im mildly excited for this to say the least

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:19 pm

rseas wrote:Whoops too quick on the trigger. We will be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving after checkout on Monday morning. Plan to fish Friday evening(I can dream can't I), Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning.
OK we are booked camped right next door to rseas see you Friday night!!!!! :fish:
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:37 pm

rseas wrote:Whoops too quick on the trigger. We will be arriving Friday afternoon and leaving after checkout on Monday morning. Plan to fish Friday evening(I can dream can't I), Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning.
Cool, that really makes the drive worth it.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

eenakok
Petty Officer

Post by eenakok » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:52 pm

I will let you guys fish Saturday and Sunday and you can let me know what to do when I get here on Monday :-"

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 pm

Monday might be the only day the fish hit, i have heard the kokanee up there went union and take the weekends off! :^o :cheers:

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 am

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:55 am

OK, I tried typing this on my phone with no luck so hopefully this will work this time.

I am in the planning phase for the upcoming Chelan Beerfest, oh I mean camping trip/fish slaughter. As previously mentioned I will provide dinner on Saturday Evening and a late breakfast on Sunday morning/early afternoon (I plan to fish early Sunday Morning). I need to know how many mouths I will be feeding for the previously mentioned meals. Mike are you able to set up a poll for this thread? Also in an ongoing effort to not poison or otherwise disable my fellow campers does anyone have any food allergies or major dislikes? I have a tentative menu plan put together but haven't started shopping yet so now is the time to speak up. Even if we don't catch anything the Chelan weekend should be a major blast and we are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Pole has been created.

afk
Petty Officer

Post by afk » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Ouch! It doesn't get any closer to Wenatchee than this. But, it's Apple Blossom Festival and I'm helping host a BBQ at work on Friday prior to the Classy Chasis Parade. My niece is" Miss Chelan". If I skipped out of Wenatchee on Saturday while she was here in our Grand parade and I was fishin' in Chelan.....Ouch. Sunday I'm working on a pump up in Okanogan! I'll try to slip in to say howdy Saturday night.

eenakok
Petty Officer

Post by eenakok » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Does anyone know if the onboard maps on lowrance units will show the contour lines on Lake Chelan? I have the HDS gen2..

Thanks!

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 am

Is anyone else freaking out yet or is it just me? I am SSSSOOOOO ready for some big chelan kokes

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Sure I am but I will just have to live through all of your reports...
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Ready? You could put it that way. Doing the shopping for Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. All the gear and tackle is ready but I haven't dug the camping gear out of the garage yet. Need to shoot for a grand slam; kokanee, lake trout and chinook!

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:22 pm

rseas wrote:Ready? You could put it that way. Doing the shopping for Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. All the gear and tackle is ready but I haven't dug the camping gear out of the garage yet. Need to shoot for a grand slam; kokanee, lake trout and chinook!
And a smallie or two!!!
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm

rseas wrote:Ready? You could put it that way. Doing the shopping for Saturday dinner and Sunday brunch tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. All the gear and tackle is ready but I haven't dug the camping gear out of the garage yet. Need to shoot for a grand slam; kokanee, lake trout and chinook!
whats for dinner? [drool]

yea i still cant find my camping stuff. gotta check the storage unit. ](*,)

re-tied almost all my leaders and about 20 extra for some new additions to the koke arrisonal. Re-lined the koke reels, tore apart and clean and oiled all the reels. [thumbsup]

made a check list then lost it, pretty sure the kids turned it into some art work. [cursing]

and a grand slam?!?! with the way my luck has been this year ill be happy with a kokanee! :-({|=

and bassplayer is gonna school me on the smallie game, its his turn to catch some fish! haha :cheers:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Rseas, can we do a late dinner? We'd like to do some evening fishing Saturday since we won't get to fish in the AM. Yes, we are excited too! It will be fun to have a group get together.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm

360, are you bringing the family? We'll gave the kids with us and as always, the more the merrier...

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 pm

360, are you bringing the family? We'll gave the kids with us and as always, the more the merrier...

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:01 pm

360, are you bringing the family? We'll have the kids with us and as always, the more the merrier...