What's your favorite lake in King County?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

What's your favorite lake in King County?

Post by fullstringer98 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:11 pm

I have fished in Beaver, Pine, Sammamish, and lake washington. I was wondering I f you guys had any suggestions of some lakes that you have found productive. I am headingout this weekend and I am not completely sure which lake I should go to.:-k I am also looking for somewhere where you can catch some big trout. I a thirteen and have been fishing since I was five often and I have never caught anything bigger than 14". It seems that every fish I catch are 8-11" planters. I would appreciate some advice!:bounce:
Diehard 'Hawks fan

fishingmachine
Admiral

RE:What's your favorite lake in King County?

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:14 pm

beaver lake kicks out big trout on a consistant basis. Due to the planting of triploids and broodstocks.

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Post by fullstringer98 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 pm

I have heard of triploids but what are broodstocks?
Diehard 'Hawks fan

michael2036
Angler

Post by michael2036 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 pm

Lake Boren is good for rainbow trout year around and in the summer it is mainly great for bass

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Broodstocks are fish over 3lbs that are planted. Triploids tend to be planted at like 1.7lbs

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Sammamish and Washington both have the large fish you seek. You could try Beaver from you float tube as well. Also, you might want to get a few bass baits that you can toss with your trout gear. Nothing says you need a cue stick and 30lb braid to fish for bass. I pull nice bass out of some small lakes with my light trout rod using 6lb test. The key is sharp, light/thin hooks, which can penetrate a bass's mouth without too much force. Get a few 3" tubes, 6" worms, a few Senkos and some curly tailed grubs with the necessary hardware and you should be good to go. Check out the bass posts and absorb what you can, there is a ton of good info on this site. Post spawn, my favorite lure is a weightless curly tailed worm rigged for weedless operation. You can pitch it onto lily pads, troll it or creep it along the bottom. Warning, the first time you have a bass blow up your lure through lily pads, you may wet yourself!

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Post by fullstringer98 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 pm

I'll have to try bass fishing this season, Ive heard they fight way harder than trout.
Diehard 'Hawks fan

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:09 pm

They fight different. TROUT AND SMALLMOUTH BASS ARE QUICKER THAN LARGMOUTH BASS. lARGEMOUTH bulldog it most of the time.

A few years back I had a 1 1/2 pound smallie race around in circles, then torpedo my boat. I thought he'd cracked the hull he hit it so hard. This was on Lake Washington in the '90s.
Last edited by Amx on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 am

Fullstringer,
I think a great producer in King County is Green lake in Seattle. From April-June it puts out some very nice triploids. You will catch your share of planter for sure, but the trips are very nice. Also they have an amazing population of German Brown trout, which some of these fish are the size of the triploids. Just google German Brown.
This past weekend I saw a dead trout that was prob. about 19-20", not skinny like the planters you've been catching. The lake is a cirlce. Shoreline access for the entire circle. Float tube your heart out. Just watch out for the crew rower people, they sometimes can cut you a little close.

edit: Check out this recent report from Greenlake, to see what i mean:
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportCo ... id=446&t=1
Last edited by The Quadfather on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

fullstringer98
Warrant Officer

Post by fullstringer98 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:45 am

I have tried Green lake a couple of years ago, noluck but I was screwin around with my little brother and not payin mich attention. I live in redmond and is very reasonable distance, I think I'll check it out after I head to Pine this weekend. I never have caught those German Browns, wich are georgeous fish.
Diehard 'Hawks fan

Mud Duck
Petty Officer

Post by Mud Duck » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:57 am

fullstringer98 wrote:I have tried Green lake a couple of years ago, noluck but I was screwin around with my little brother and not payin mich attention. I live in redmond and is very reasonable distance, I think I'll check it out after I head to Pine this weekend. I never have caught those German Browns, wich are georgeous fish.
Pine lake has some nice Browns in there too.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:01 am

Another report from Green Lake coming after I cook up dinner, which will consist of the limit that I just caught today in about an hour of big fish! Not as big as yesterday, but hit up greenlake soon before the trips get fished out!

ResQ
Captain

Post by ResQ » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:58 am

Growing up, we use to hit Beaver at night. Just powerbait and a worm from the boatlaunch. Caught some fatty 5-8 pounders consistantly.