Bolding Gets Warmwater Job

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Don Wittenberger
Captain

Bolding Gets Warmwater Job

Post by Don Wittenberger » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:07 am

Everyone:

I received the following e-mail from Bruce Bolding last night:

"As you know, the Warmwater Program has been merged with the Trout Program and starting today, it is now called the Inland Program, as it was under Bob Gibbons some years ago. Jim Uehara, the 'former Trout Program Manager' has been tasked as the new 'Inland Program' Manager. He informed me this morning that after the interview, I was the unanimous choice for the new 'statewide warmwater coordinator', and I most happily accepted."

Bruce went on to say two biologists also were hired and, "I think they are going to help move the program in a new, exciting, energetic direction and I am of course very, very excited to be leading the charge."

Congratulations, Bruce, this is what the muskie angling community wanted and from our point of view it's a great outcome. Does "exciting" and "energetic" imply we can get more muskie lakes now?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Bolding Gets Warmwater Job

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 am

Right On Bruce:cheers: Congrats!!

Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Misselley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:28 am

Congrats Bruce,

Looking forward to working with you in the coming years. No one was better suited for the job.
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor
www.FieldCustomDesigns.com
Cascade Musky Association.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks for the news, Don. Everyone is elated and we all knew he was the perfect candidate.
It will be exciting to meet with Bruce tomorrow night at the Chapter #57 Awards Ceremony - can't wait to see him to congratulate him in person! Plus he is bringing Mr. Jim Uehara, the new " Inland Program" Supervisor.
What great timing. I am sure Bruce and Jim will do a great job for not only the whole tiger muskie program,
but for all the warmwater programs.

(Bruce taking a photo of ONE of his favorite species.)
Attachments
DSC_0141_0139.JPG
DSC_0141_0139.JPG (51.74 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Congrats Bruce!! I look forward to talking with you and the new sheriff in town Jim at our members meeting tonight!!

Oh and one more thing Bruce. Now that you are the man on top, I would like to propose the interim protected slot limit for pike on the P.O. River until proper studies can be conducted to determine if the rule is inline or needs a little tweaking. I was thinking 26"-50" protect slot. Unlimited above or below that slot. I figured it was worth a shot. HEHE!!