Nooksack river fishin

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
ReelHard
Angler

Nooksack river fishin

Post by ReelHard » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Hey all new to the forum but not to fishing. I know the skagit like the back of my hand. But due to the closures I've been limited to the mudsack. I haven't been having much luck out there. I've been out every day for at least a couple hrs for the last 2-3 weeks and I've only landed one fish. Little bit discouraging but love being out there anyway. Been hearing of people catching quite a few pinks and some silvers trickling in. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong. I've try 100 different set ups / lures. Not much luck. Fishing in the ferndale area. Here's a pic of the only one landed this year. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0444.JPG

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Re: Nooksack river fishin

Post by dj2loud » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:27 pm

One of only two seen there at harksell.... PM me, i can show you some other area's you'll hook up on.....

Jcverhalen
Petty Officer

Post by Jcverhalen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 am

I'm in the same boat. I've been salmon fishing up here for the last 5 years...convinced I'm cursed. Caught two silvers my first weekend back in 2012. That's literally been it...I've tried Cascade, Skagit, Nooksack, Samish...used all the usual techniques and I can't seem to win.

ReelHard
Angler

Post by ReelHard » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:04 pm

Ya I think numbers are low for most everywhere around here. But feel like we should still be hookin on to more than we are.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Jcverhalen wrote:I'm in the same boat. I've been salmon fishing up here for the last 5 years...convinced I'm cursed. Caught two silvers my first weekend back in 2012. That's literally been it...I've tried Cascade, Skagit, Nooksack, Samish...used all the usual techniques and I can't seem to win.
That's what I went through with steelhead. First time I ever went out for steel I got my first within an hour. Took 18 months before I touched my second lol.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:10 am

My first steelhead was the same, i caught a chrome hen on my 2nd cast. On my first try with a red/white bobber and roe with a $30 ugly stick then 2 years later and thousands of dollars later i caught my 2nd and 3rd steelhead on the same day (although i will admit that i hardly tried for them back then, and that i was more sidetracked with trout and Pinks/coho during steelhead season.) Its funny how that can be though. Ive caught a few each year now that im up in bc though.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.