humpy sighting on the sky

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spoonman
Captain

humpy sighting on the sky

Post by spoonman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:35 am

I had the day off so I went up to reiter to check it out. Got down to Tue hatchery and saw a huge school of steelies sitting right below the hatchery creek and three guys standing right on top of them. So of course they were all lockjawed up. Decided to go down stream and ran into a guy coming out and he says he caught a humpy, so I'm thinking yeah right, here's a fisherman and bus gums are flappin so he must be lying. So I got down there and missed a strike so I Changed my jig and bang fish on! A humpy buck with a prominent hump, after he was released I caught another one. So the humpies are here, just not the big numbers. Not what I went to rieter for but hey, at least I didn't get skunked. On a side note, walking downstream I couldn't help but notice all the human fecal matter along the trail and all I could think about was dear old Duncan.[confused] and also why I hate reiter. Maybe ill make another trip up next year.

Mordalphus
Lieutenant

Re: humpy sighting on the sky

Post by Mordalphus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 am

Found some poopoo, eh? Better there than in the river I guess...

NimmunDay
Petty Officer

Post by NimmunDay » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:40 am

Mordalphus wrote:Found some poopoo, eh? Better there than in the river I guess...
Meh. It all ends up in the river one way or another.
Thank you! Come again! Image

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 pm

spoonman wrote:On a side note, walking downstream......
laughing and crying at same time....

SkyRiverMan
Petty Officer

Post by SkyRiverMan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Also saw a bunch of humpies working their way up river down below the rieter chaos Sunday morning -lots of surface rolling.... About a dozen or so guys (and gals) fishing - didn't see any fish on.
It seems early for humpies this high up - looks like it may be a banner year....

SRM

FinChaserNW
Petty Officer

Post by FinChaserNW » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Out for a drive with the family this afternoon and pulled into Douglas Bar for a look. Saw a group of jumper. Not a lot, but enough to notice.