Skokomish

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
mizm05
Commander

Re: Skokomish

Post by mizm05 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:11 pm

At this point I will say "good one". Got me for a bit.

skagit510
Lieutenant

Post by skagit510 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:13 pm

jonb wrote:I am in awe reading this thread, the level of ludacris radical behavior over some fish. Whoever this hog group is should be locked up. no need to stoop to committing crimes to catch some fish, if there are too many poachers/snaggers on the skok, FISH ELSEWHERE! There are 1000s of fantastic fishing opportunities around wa state. If the salmon arnt doing well there, and the river is sucky this year try fishing the salt or a lake instead. This level of drama reminds me of something one would see on jerry springer... just ridiculous...no where in the usa have i seen such despair in a sport that is supposed to be fun, and ive fished every corner of this great nation from ny to florida to here and in between.
So ethical anglers are supposed to take a hike while poachers are afforded rights. In glad there's organizations like hog out there fighting the scum. I'll support them.

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I really could go either way on this one. If WDFW won't enforce the rules, I'm glad that someone wants to. I'm just a little suspect of the whole thing, especially after reading the link. There are better ways to go about it. The last thing we need out there are a bunch of gun toting vigilantes with a chip on their shoulder talking about disabling vehicles, assault methods and evoking provocation. Don't get me wrong, I pack on the river as well, but I'm also not out there to provoke anything. I'm there to fish...ethically. Again, I'm all for someone trying to enforce rules, but this? Questionable.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Agreed.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Enough. Not posting links to stuff like this.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".