Current Producing Rivers

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
code3daddy
Petty Officer

Current Producing Rivers

Post by code3daddy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:43 pm

I think it's time to consolidate a list of currently producing rivers and where to fish them.

Anyone got any hot spots to share?

BentRod
Admiral

RE:Current Producing Rivers

Post by BentRod » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 am

Don't all rivers produce current? :scratch:

[woot]

ckim85
Commander

Post by ckim85 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 am

i dont think theres many rivers producing right now. Just a fish here and there from all the rivers but none that you can point out as being "hot"
water levels being so low, lack of rain, all the netting in the OP, shutting down of Puget Sound rivers...not much going on :/
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:58 pm

LOL
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:57 pm

This is what Phil of Mystical Legends Guide service says about our area rivers and fish:

Cowlitz has been fair fishing and is kind of in between runs. This river should get going anytime but look for it to be late month or early March before those late fish show up in the big numbers. A few fish are being caught in the area around Blue Creek boat launch from shore and boats. Good one day and bad the next. From shore jigs and floats have caught a few as well as your standard drift gear. One thing to try is a number 4 or 5 Vibrax when nothing else will get them to go. I've seen many fisherman come down in the middle of a bunch of anglers who are not catching anything, toss out a spinner and hook up on the first few cast. Rumors of a few Springers being in the river makes thing interesting and these fish will be trickling in over the next couple months before going full bore in May and early June.

Some fish around in all the coastal streams and should stay steady for the next couple weeks. I am focusing on the rivers with hatchery fish in them and will continue to stay on these streams like the the Nooch into March. Water is getting a little on the low side for my liking but is good for others. Toss jigs in the clear water and you should end up getting a fish or two. Also look at the tides in the lower end of these rivers when the water is low and clear as fish will push up a little ways before hanging out waiting for rain to raise the water. If it rains this week I would make sure to be on the rivers. It should be awesome.

If your looking to get out for a late winter Steehead trip give me a shout. It's also time for Springers!!!! I only have a few days left open so if your thinking of putting a couple of those on the barbecue give a call so we can get you some fish. Looks to be the start of a great season. Some dandy hatchery fish are still available and should be for the rest of the season. Fish like these put smiles on peoples faces. Lots of first fish this last week and a few veterans anglers returned to put a hurt on them. Thanks
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook

He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.