warning

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
curado
Admiral

warning

Post by curado » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 pm

if you fish near 522 from shore there are two kids 14yo or so who stole 3 fish from me today including a 7 lber
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

RE:warning

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 pm

wonderful. First there were (and still are) tweakers in that area breaking into cars.

Now there are humpy thieves.

Big D

Post by Big D » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 am

Hey curado,
Sorry this happened to you.
While I was in the Navy stationed on Adak Island, AK it was a common occurrence to have our fish stolen by Bald Eagles so I know how you feel too loose your fish to thieves. On Adak we figured it was contributing to the survival of the Eagles as they were getting ready for winter and just let them take the fish. Besides if you tried to stop them you could receive a citation for harassing the wild life.

In this case try to look on the bright side…By feeding them this early in the season, you are helping the boys prepare for a major A** whiping. I’m sure this wasn’t the first time they stole fish from someone and it probably won’t be the last…but eventually they will get caught and God willing they might survive and learn something from the A** whiping they have coming.

Try to remember that all criminals have one thing in common…They are stupid and will eventually get caught.

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:58 am

hey thanks but i would still rather have my fish stolen by and eagle
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

EGG GURU

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 am

Hey D...love the icon!!
Curado...that's the least you could do is to donate your catch (one of many) to a couple of poor little 14 year olds! lol

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:50 am

I have no problem kicking a couple of 14 year old punks in the face. At some point in thier lifes someone has to teach them values and if it takes kicking there teeth in because thier parents can't seem to teach them values then so be it.

sorry you had your fish taken.

uncyboo
Petty Officer

Post by uncyboo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 am

OK curado this is in no way a shot at you. I am just confused, probably due to my ignorance of the fishing methods in the PNW, as to how this could happen. Where were you in relation to the fish? Does this style of fishing (I assume salmon) dictate you move around alot? Like I said, please forgive my ignorance, it's just never something I have never even considered happening, as when I am bank fishing I've never been very far from my stuff. But then I've never salmon fished either. Educate me.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am

I'm with you Curado, if my catch is going to get stolen, I'd rather have the wildlife do it. If those kids keep it up, it'll catch up to them.

When I was a teenager I was fishing a trout stream in eastern Washington and had tossed a nice little rainbow onto the bank to have for lunch. While I was trying to pick up a second one a bull snake happened along my fish and when I waded back to shore I found the snake had a third of it in it's mouth. I let the snake have it and didn't feel slighted in the least. :cheers:

ckim85
Commander

Post by ckim85 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:39 am

uncyboo wrote:OK curado this is in no way a shot at you. I am just confused, probably due to my ignorance of the fishing methods in the PNW, as to how this could happen. Where were you in relation to the fish? Does this style of fishing (I assume salmon) dictate you move around alot? Like I said, please forgive my ignorance, it's just never something I have never even considered happening, as when I am bank fishing I've never been very far from my stuff. But then I've never salmon fished either. Educate me.
Most likely, he strung up the fish on shore and left it on shore and waded in to fish some more. During this time, some kids probably just jacked them from the shore.

But then again, I'm not Curado so i have no idea what actually happened.

uncyboo
Petty Officer

Post by uncyboo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:01 am

OK so you guys actually get out into the river. It's not just standing on the bank. I'm getting it. I hate a d@^n thief.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 am

Sorry about that..... Looks like a long stake and hammer will be in your pack. Stake 'em out where they can't get to them. Words to live by, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.".
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MizzMo
Angler

Post by MizzMo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:23 pm

thanks for the heads up, being a woman who is going to try and fish alone, this is one spot i was going to try. maybe I should get a baseball bat, I am a bartender in monroe and have no problem beating the unrulys.:bball:

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Pistol, mace, pepper spray, tazor, and fazer. :)
Tom.

Interests: living

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 pm

the kids got a fish from me and sapiplate apiece i was hooking fish left and right so maybe that ticked the off because i returned so many fishlol i wanted roe. at least they didnt get this 14 pound coho i got to day
Attachments
random_pics_360_Medium.jpg
random_pics_360_Medium.jpg (84.19 KiB) Viewed 5609 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EGG GURU

fetchitup7
Petty Officer

Post by fetchitup7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Curado,
Is the fish you're holding the one you think is 14 lbs? I'm not an expert, but i would guess that fish to be no more than 7lbs. . .
"Hey everyone, come see how good I look!"