Anyone want to show me the ropes?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sharpshooter223
Warrant Officer

Anyone want to show me the ropes?

Post by sharpshooter223 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:13 pm

So I haven't fished for coho before and would like to get out for them next weekend. I was wondering if there is anyone with experience that will be heading out that wouldn't mind showing me the rigs and tackle used and what kind of water to cast into and that sort of thing. Even if you aren't all that experience but will be heading out let me know, I figure its safer to be fishing with other people if nothing else. I say coho as that seems to be the main thing running right now but I would be interested in steelhead and other fish of the sort too, assuming there are open seasons. I am only set up for a spinning reel and noodle rod right now, although I can find a different rod if it would be helpful. My plan right now is to bank/wade fish but I wouldn't refuse an open seat if one was offered. I am an engineer located in Lynnwood, I would like to stay closer but I don't mind driving in order to get into some fish. If you would like to show me what you know or are just looking to get out fishing with someone, let me know, I plan to go fishing this next weekend but will be trying to do more throughout the rest of the year.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Re: Anyone want to show me the ropes?

Post by Bmastro777 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Yup. Hire a guide. Thats what I did.

bugmasta
Lieutenant

Post by bugmasta » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 am

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... 15&t=20983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kwillie28
Angler

Post by kwillie28 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:22 am

I fish the stilly up in arlington alot and will be there most of this weekend. Always looking for new fishing partners. I fish from the bank and know of a couple good spots. PM me if you want to tag along.

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:55 am

[quote][/quote]

Hi Kwillie. Are you still looking for people to fish with in this area? Other than just the Stilly, do you like lake fishing for trout? :fish: (((((Fish On)))))
Bobber_Dogger