new feta styx true hero

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

new feta styx true hero

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

just picked up this new feta styx custom prototype float rod 11'3 baitcaster for kings its rated 10-20 its as sick as they come. cant wait till i try it for silvers and kings ill report backImage
Attachments
securedownload[1] (2).jpg
securedownload[1] (2).jpg (169.29 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: new feta styx true hero

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:08 pm

badass rod bro!
i Just got a fetha styx Chrome Steelhead series and its really nice

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 pm

fishenfreak wrote:badass rod bro!
i Just got a fetha styx Chrome Steelhead series and its really nice
freak they are nice but da difference is yo got yourse for free cuz you won it on a contest :cheers: and i had to pay for mine haha #-o ](*,)
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 pm

hahahha true true, they let me pick whatever rod i wanted so i had to go for the brand new series O:)

zefsidefishing
Warrant Officer

Post by zefsidefishing » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 pm

i always see fetha styx used on hawg quest, and used one before, my gosh the perfect rod, on the spendy side though, i might buy one, but if im gonna fork over that much money should i just buy one in a baitcaster(level wind) one, or a spinning reel one? im just wondering if i should bother with spinning reels anymore or just commit to level winds cause they just seem better when you get the hang of it, anyway do fetha styx have good warranties? cause if im gonna pay that much and it snaps, i dont wanna be out 300 bucks. ty

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 pm

That is a really nice rod. I almost bought one, but then met jim mercier and got swayed to an xrodz . And isnt feather styx warranties for life?

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:48 pm

sickbayer wrote:That is a really nice rod. I almost bought one, but then met jim mercier and got swayed to an xrodz . And isnt feather styx warranties for life?
I believe they are fo lfe..xrodz in a whole different league tho totally custom and sick
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 am

Nice rod, fetha and x rods are nice but my g loomis rods will still outperform those rods :cheers:

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 am

Brat Bonker wrote:Nice rod, fetha and x rods are nice but my g loomis rods will still outperform those rods :cheers:
ya brat stop posing with dat szitmano/glomis fake pos :-& :thumbdown . and step up to da plate . get a real gary loomis/nfc like my buddy did hahaha :cheers:
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 am

zefsidefishing wrote:i always see fetha styx used on hawg quest, and used one before, my gosh the perfect rod, on the spendy side though, i might buy one, but if im gonna fork over that much money should i just buy one in a baitcaster(level wind) one, or a spinning reel one? im just wondering if i should bother with spinning reels anymore or just commit to level winds cause they just seem better when you get the hang of it, anyway do fetha styx have good warranties? cause if im gonna pay that much and it snaps, i dont wanna be out 300 bucks. ty
What kind of fishing do you do? If your a river fisherman, go baitcaster, all the way. Unless side drifting from a boat, you gotta have a baitcaster to drift off shore, spinning reels you gotta open and close bail constantly, i havent used a spinning reel for anything but trout since i was 10 years old. Fetha Styx has GOOD warranty's!

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 am

Brat Bonker wrote:Nice rod, fetha and x rods are nice but my g loomis rods will still outperform those rods :cheers:
GL2 with the CURADO BABY!!! [thumbup]

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 am

fishenfreak wrote:
zefsidefishing wrote:i always see fetha styx used on hawg quest, and used one before, my gosh the perfect rod, on the spendy side though, i might buy one, but if im gonna fork over that much money should i just buy one in a baitcaster(level wind) one, or a spinning reel one? im just wondering if i should bother with spinning reels anymore or just commit to level winds cause they just seem better when you get the hang of it, anyway do fetha styx have good warranties? cause if im gonna pay that much and it snaps, i dont wanna be out 300 bucks. ty
What kind of fishing do you do? If your a river fisherman, go baitcaster, all the way. Unless side drifting from a boat, you gotta have a baitcaster to drift off shore, spinning reels you gotta open and close bail constantly, i havent used a spinning reel for anything but trout since i was 10 years old. Fetha Styx has GOOD warranty's!
i asked da same question he wanted to know about a 25'leader dat i was joking about that i seen a guy use, he sure was interested in da leader flosser mayby #-o
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:00 am

Ive always been a lamiglas fan, caught all my hundreds of steel on them, but i got the fetha for free, and its nice too. Loomis is also something my buddies love, but im a lamiglas guy, gotta stick with what you started with ya know

tsath24
Warrant Officer

Post by tsath24 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 am

fishenfreak wrote:Ive always been a lamiglas fan, caught all my hundreds of steel on them, but i got the fetha for free, and its nice too. Loomis is also something my buddies love, but im a lamiglas guy, gotta stick with what you started with ya know
"...caught all my hundreds of steel on them..." [drool] :-k [thumbsup]

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 am

Yeah I love lamiglas too, cheaper than most rods but just as good but I got a g loomis float rod 10'6 for x mas a couple of years ago and just love the action and much easier to mend my line than a 9'6 and the perfect rod for summer run and early winter brats.
Zef, just stick to a spinning reel, easier to cast and you use it for almost anything.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 am

fishenfreak wrote:Ive always been a lamiglas fan, caught all my hundreds of steel on them, but i got the fetha for free, and its nice too. Loomis is also something my buddies love, but im a lamiglas guy, gotta stick with what you started with ya know
freak yo need to step up to one of dese hahaha [drool]xmg its my fav next to my cert pro herzogg model
Attachments
P2170219.JPG
P2170219.JPG (74.05 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am

tsath24 wrote:
"...caught all my hundreds of steel on them..." [drool] :-k [thumbsup]
dayome hes slayed more steel than anyone i know. nate told me hes insane fisher. scary freak of nature hahaha [thumbsup]
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:10 am

lol i do have the opportunity to get on the water quite a bit, which helps for me knowing so much about where and when to fish, and how to catch um. Just getting out and learning water, fish behavior etc... helps a lot. every year i fish the same water, but catch way more because i learn so much more about the fish in that area. Last winter i landed 78 steelhead, this winter i landed 186, fishing the same amount and same areas

Slayer, ive contemplated getting that rod for years, but ive had my G-series medium that has lasted 3 years and it wont break, so i havent had the need yet, although shes getting pretty worn out, but now i got the fetha so probably no new steelhead rod this winter.

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

it must be nice to fish during the week as well huh FF. Being a weekend warrior sucks most of the time, everytime I have been out fishing during the week I have caught a fish.

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Brat, you do know that Gary loomis now supplies Fetha Styx with their blanks? And if you got your gloomis rod a couple years ago it's just another shimano rod that's marked up in price?