Puyallup Chum?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
salmonator_1228
Petty Officer

Puyallup Chum?

Post by salmonator_1228 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 am

I was headin' out to the Seattle area next week for some family stuff. I was wondering if fish would still be there, like around 115th St. area. Of course, I'm not going to keep them. I just wanna feel something on my line. What would be best to use. Jigs tipped with prawn, drift fishing?

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Re: Puyallup Chum?

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 pm

nets come out wednesday afternoon to sunday noon..there should be tons of chum forget about the bobber and jig..floss away my friend with a drift rig its the most affective way......jens knows hes a good flosser he admits it :-#
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:24 pm

No doubt right. 115th hole has been hot. You should not have any problem catching as long as you use a 15ft leader. Jens is that right? Isn't that your motto "Go long or go home!".

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm

kinghunter wrote:No doubt right. 115th hole has been hot. You should not have any problem catching as long as you use a 15ft leader. Jens is that right? Isn't that your motto "Go long or go home!".
Hey kinkhunt you forgot jens supersecret ninja azn skillz..to add 2 big barbed hooks on the leader and corky =D> :-#
Last edited by OFFDAAHOOK on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

HAHAHAHa always look forward to a kinghunter post. Been a while man. Tis the season for steel. I wouldnt waste your time with the snaggle tooths unless you just dont feel comfy fishing for steel. There is rivers right now that are white hot with steel in them. Just take a look at the pic thread. This has been one of the best steel seasons to date. Chum pale in comparison to steel. However they do fight pretty darn good. I just love to taste fresh steel.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:45 pm

KH you know Slayer? He sounds kinda jerky so figure he must know you and jens.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:56 pm

flinginpooh wrote:HAHAHAHa always look forward to a kinghunter post. Been a while man. Tis the season for steel. I wouldnt waste your time with the snaggle tooths unless you just dont feel comfy fishing for steel. There is rivers right now that are white hot with steel in them. Just take a look at the pic thread. This has been one of the best steel seasons to date. Chum pale in comparison to steel. However they do fight pretty darn good. I just love to taste fresh steel.
to each his own my friend..
Last edited by OFFDAAHOOK on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

salmonator_1228
Petty Officer

Post by salmonator_1228 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:21 pm

flinginpooh wrote:HAHAHAHa always look forward to a kinghunter post. Been a while man. Tis the season for steel. I wouldnt waste your time with the snaggle tooths unless you just dont feel comfy fishing for steel. There is rivers right now that are white hot with steel in them. Just take a look at the pic thread. This has been one of the best steel seasons to date. Chum pale in comparison to steel. However they do fight pretty darn good. I just love to taste fresh steel.
I know that it has been one of the best seasons for winter steelhead. Plus, I just started fishing for them last year. I personally, caught 13 this season at the Cascade, Skagit, Sky, and the beaches near my house. That's way better compared to my last year's 2 steel after 10 trips. I can't really go steelheading since we're going to Seattle, then Centralia. I don't have time to pass by at Reiter, especially with the whole family in the car. I just want something on my line, and since I've never fished the puke, I just want some info.

BTW not all Asians floss or snag. How do we know that we floss if we're drift fishing? We have to see the lead pass them.
I'm a proud Asian, and I abide by the rules.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:53 pm

salmonator_1228 wrote:
I know that it has been one of the best seasons for winter steelhead. Plus, I just started fishing for them last year. I personally, caught 13 this season at the Cascade, Skagit, Sky, and the beaches near my house. That's way better compared to my last year's 2 steel after 10 trips. I can't really go steelheading since we're going to Seattle, then Centralia. I don't have time to pass by at Reiter, especially with the whole family in the car. I just want something on my line, and since I've never fished the puke, I just want some info.

BTW not all Asians floss or snag. How do we know that we floss if we're drift fishing? We have to see the lead pass them.
I'm a proud Asian, and I abide by the rules.
im a proud azn myself..all above mentioned technique double barbed hooks are legal at puy and very effective and legal now. [thumbup]
Last edited by OFFDAAHOOK on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

Brian253

Post by Brian253 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Damnit offdahook, quit trolling your 3 month old coho pic... And quit bragging about snagging fish.. Sheesh

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah, Jens told me you guys been on fire for steely. I wished I could of gone with you guys, but I hope I can get down there before the run is over. Call me sometimes.

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Brian253 wrote:Damnit offdahook, quit trolling your 3 month old coho pic... And quit bragging about snagging fish.. Sheesh
Wow. Brian, are you always this excited? You got to settle down and think with your BIG head. Derogatory accusations could get you banned. It doesn't look good pointing fingers at someone, do you know why because then three fingers are pointing at you.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

kinghunter wrote:
Brian253 wrote:Damnit offdahook, quit trolling your 3 month old coho pic... And quit bragging about snagging fish.. Sheesh
Wow. Brian, are you always this excited? You got to settle down and think with your BIG head. Derogatory accusations could get you banned. It doesn't look good pointing fingers at someone, do you know why because then three fingers are pointing at you.
+1 =D>..... he sounds angry :-s :scratch:
Last edited by OFFDAAHOOK on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

salmonator_1228
Petty Officer

Post by salmonator_1228 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Damn. I just wanted some info.

OFFDAAHOOK
Captain

Post by OFFDAAHOOK » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am

salmonator_1228 wrote:
brian 253 needs to quit haitin..dudes not helping [thumbdn] ..anyway back to subject i heard kunghunter went 7 for ten the other day at puy all released . nets came out so fishin should be great lots of big hard fighting bucks this yr. i used bobber but drift rigs are working better imho hooking more fish color doesnt seem to matter much...115st is a good spot like he stated hope this helps
I FISH THEREFORE I AM

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:26 am

Why??? It takes me days to recover reading kinghunter's gibberish. I know he is part Gibbon but seriously I lose over 20 brain cells trying to comprehend anything he writes and that goes for "slayeroffdahookfishtrap" too. Both are they same guy at times. :thumbdown :thumbdown

Fresh Steel over Fresh Chum? I am with you Pooh. Chum are good fighters and a lot of fun. I only target them for the eggs and I will harvest a few to smoke.

But back to topic. I am not sure of the water color salmonator1228 , but you might be able to get a couple bobberdowns with bobber and jigs tipped with prawn. Another river a few miles south is the Nisqually.

Good luck.

salmonator_1228
Petty Officer

Post by salmonator_1228 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 am

jens wrote:
Why??? It takes me days to recover reading kinghunter's gibberish. I know he is part Gibbon but seriously I lose over 20 brain cells trying to comprehend anything he writes and that goes for "slayeroffdahookfishtrap" too. Both are they same guy at times. :thumbdown :thumbdown

Fresh Steel over Fresh Chum? I am with you Pooh. Chum are good fighters and a lot of fun. I only target them for the eggs and I will harvest a few to smoke.

But back to topic. I am not sure of the water color salmonator1228 , but you might be able to get a couple bobberdowns with bobber and jigs tipped with prawn. Another river a few miles south is the Nisqually.

Good luck.
slayerslayerthat wrote:
salmonator_1228 wrote:
brian 253 needs to quit haitin..dudes not helping [thumbdn] ..anyway back to subject i heard kunghunter went 7 for ten the other day at puy all released . nets came out so fishin should be great lots of big hard fighting bucks this yr. i used bobber but drift rigs are working better imho hooking more fish color doesnt seem to matter much...115st is a good spot like he stated hope this helps
Now that"s what I'm talking about. Thanks for the info guys! [biggrin]

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 am

kinghunter wrote:No doubt right. 115th hole has been hot. You should not have any problem catching as long as you use a 15ft leader. Jens is that right? Isn't that your motto "Go long or go home!".
I know Jens, it takes you a few days to translate from english to fillipino with Rosetta Stone. You'll pick it up faster eventually, you just need to stay thirsty my friend. :cheers:

kinghunter
Warrant Officer

Post by kinghunter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:56 am

jens wrote:

Good luck.
Hey Salmonator,

Right now drift fishing has been the method of choice for 115th hole. I wouldn't waste your time with bobber and jig, especially wasting prawns on them. Sounds like your familiar with drift fishing and you should do just fine. Get ready for a mean dog fight. [thumbsup]

salmonator_1228
Petty Officer

Post by salmonator_1228 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 am

HELL YEAH! They fight so freakin' hard.