Lost camera on the Stilly

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Cohoking
Angler

Lost camera on the Stilly

Post by Cohoking » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:05 pm

I posted this on another forum about a week ago and figured I would try here. Its kind of late but I figure It's worth a shot.

I was fishing across the river from Haller Park on the Stilly friday 10/29 and left my camera down at the river, I didn't realize I had lost it till the next night when it wasn't in my bag. So I went back the next morning and it wasn't there so I assume someone picked it up. It's a small Polaroid digital camera in a camo case. If anyone has seen it or happened to pick it up please contact me at 425-345-6232. Thanks.

fishingboy
Commander

RE:Lost camera on the Stilly

Post by fishingboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Not to be a hater but I'm pretty sure since all the rain from before the river has blown out and washed it down. but you never know how high up away from the water were you?
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Cohoking
Angler

Post by Cohoking » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:46 pm

fishingboy wrote:Not to be a hater but I'm pretty sure since all the rain from before the river has blown out and washed it down. but you never know how high up away from the water were you?
Yea I kinda thought the same thing but I went to look for it the day after and this was before the river blew out, so if It was left down there I would have seen it. Now if by some chance it was down there and I missed it when I went looking for it well.......

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Did you catch any fish on the river? I would have given it back if I found it. But odds are someone without so many scruples found it and has it now. I lost a good fly rod and case that way, set it down with my gear behind me on the bank, next time I'm there to re gear someone had jacked it. I wish people were more honest, if I see it, I'll let you know.

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:34 pm

yeah that sucks if someone did snag it I hate thieves with a passion. people warned me about taking a tackle box to the river so not I stuff everything in vest makes for a long day with all this stuff in my vest. hopefully someone found it and just hasn't logged on in a while.
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Yea I shove it all in my vest too and carry everything on me. My float rod and my drift rod at all times.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:43 am

I have my mommy watch my gear! [flapper] [lol] [flapper]
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Cohoking
Angler

Post by Cohoking » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 pm

natetreat wrote:Did you catch any fish on the river? I would have given it back if I found it. But odds are someone without so many scruples found it and has it now. I lost a good fly rod and case that way, set it down with my gear behind me on the bank, next time I'm there to re gear someone had jacked it. I wish people were more honest, if I see it, I'll let you know.
Yeah, that day I fished it (10/30) I caught a 10-12lb late run silver. Only 1 other fish was caught that day. And I know what you mean about sketchy people out there, there seems to be a lot of stuff being lost or stolen at the rivers lately. I mainly just want the memory card and the case back. Heck, with that case I could throw that camera at a brick wall and it wouldn't get so much as a scratch lol.

Cohoking
Angler

Post by Cohoking » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Fish_Bait111397 wrote: I have my mommy watch my gear! [flapper] [lol] [flapper]
Haha, hey whatever works.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Cohoking wrote:
natetreat wrote:Did you catch any fish on the river? I would have given it back if I found it. But odds are someone without so many scruples found it and has it now. I lost a good fly rod and case that way, set it down with my gear behind me on the bank, next time I'm there to re gear someone had jacked it. I wish people were more honest, if I see it, I'll let you know.
Yeah, that day I fished it (10/30) I caught a 10-12lb late run silver. Only 1 other fish was caught that day. And I know what you mean about sketchy people out there, there seems to be a lot of stuff being lost or stolen at the rivers lately. I mainly just want the memory card and the case back. Heck, with that case I could throw that camera at a brick wall and it wouldn't get so much as a scratch lol.
I need to get a case for my little digital camera like that. I'm always worried it's gonna get wet wading in the river, or water will splash over my waders and drench it in my pocket so I don't usually take my camera with me. I'm always kicking myself because that's always the day I catch the godzilla of boot doggies, or an enourmous king and I don't wanna eat it, but proof is always nice. What kind of case was it? I have a little nikon that I'd be taking.

I've yet to bank a bright silver this season. Lots of firetrucks. I got my kings and chum, I just wanna get some chrome coho, but the odds aren't looking good.

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 am

I am more worried about floating off to sea lol then getting wet by a splash... I need to get a water proof fanny pack as I hate my vest
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cohoking
Angler

Post by Cohoking » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:41 pm

natetreat wrote:
Cohoking wrote:
I need to get a case for my little digital camera like that. I'm always worried it's gonna get wet wading in the river, or water will splash over my waders and drench it in my pocket so I don't usually take my camera with me. I'm always kicking myself because that's always the day I catch the godzilla of boot doggies, or an enourmous king and I don't wanna eat it, but proof is always nice. What kind of case was it? I have a little nikon that I'd be taking.

I've yet to bank a bright silver this season. Lots of firetrucks. I got my kings and chum, I just wanna get some chrome coho, but the odds aren't looking good.
I forget who makes it but it's not a hard case. It's waterproof to an extent and can handle getting rained on pretty good and maybe even going in the drink for a few seconds.

Cohoking
Angler

Post by Cohoking » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Here's the case I had. It's made by CaseLogic.

http://www.caselogic.com/camouflage_med ... elid=70091

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:52 pm

That's really neat. I think I'll pick one of those up, thanks for the info.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:09 pm

Cohoking wrote:
Fish_Bait111397 wrote: I have my mommy watch my gear! [flapper] [lol] [flapper]
Haha, hey whatever works.
Exactly haha. :geek:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.