Fly Fishing Lake Roosevelt ?????

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
chironomid_guy
Petty Officer

Fly Fishing Lake Roosevelt ?????

Post by chironomid_guy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:20 am

Does anyone Fly Fish Lk Roosevelt? WE off to the Kettle Falls area for the month of July and I would appreciate any info. Can Walleyes be caught with a Fly there? Is there any decent trout spots?

Cheers
The Chironomid Guy

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Fly Fishing Lake Roosevelt ?????

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Trout fishing upstream of the Barstow bridge can be pretty good at times. Check with the man that owns/runs the Barstow general store for details.

Walleye downstream of the Barstow bridge can be fair with plastic and Jigs, so I suspect that a well placed streamer on a sinking tip line would work well in the early morning or late evening.

Most of my fishing there is in September or late August, and always with lower water than we have had this year, but I would think this would be better this year than not.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

David Hall
Petty Officer

RE:Fly Fishing Lake Roosevelt ?????

Post by David Hall » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 pm

From Orient down 6-8 miles to large beach ( the locals call Intercourse Beach) , you will see this area as you are driving to Orient. Scouted this stretch last summer, allowed my son to float the stretch with his two older relatives. Talked to a couple of gentlemen, turned out they where flyfisherman. We exchanged notes of what we saw from the road above and the water.
We were excited about the prospects of fishing that stretch when the water was right. I have also floated the stretch from Canada to Curlew and seen fish as well as flyfisherman float that stretch. The Kettle seems to be a well kept secret. Many of my friends in Kettle whom have property access are always talking about the fishing, just have not made time to get there.

Dave