Fly fishing in Colorado

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
colel311
Angler

Fly fishing in Colorado

Post by colel311 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm going to Denver on July 3-7 and I'm planning on fishing the "dream stream" section of the South Platte. What flies should I bring for that time? and is there anywhere else near Denver that I should try?
Beware of water, because the sea is stronger than man.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Re: Fly fishing in Colorado

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Not sure what you refer to as the "dream stream" but if you mean the Cheesman canyon up from Deckers, PM me and I can help you out. I know every rock, pool, pebble, etc., in that stretch, even though I have not fished it since 88. LOL

bacca
Petty Officer

Re: Fly fishing in Colorado

Post by bacca » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Wait til you get there, hit a local fly shop, ask them what bugs are around, and grab a few flies from them. I'm thinking that'll be the best bet since the bugs are sure to change between now and then. "Match the Hatch" as they say...