Silver Lake (Snohomish County)

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

Silver Lake (Snohomish County)

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I live about 200 yards away from silver lake, and every day there are boaters out with trolling motors fishing. I thought about taking the boy out on Sunday, but I thought I would check to see if this is a year round lake. When I looked at the regs, they had the Cowlitz, Pierce, and Whatcom Silver Lakes listed, but not the Snohomish county one. Anyone know what the regs on this lake are? Its a sizable lake compared to some of the ones listed in the regs, so I dont know why it would be left out.

Thanks.
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

RE:Silver Lake (Snohomish County)

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 pm

"Unlisted areas fall under statewide rules. Freshwater areas are open 24 hours per day when open.

All FRESHWATER areas are CLOSED to fishing for SALMON, DOLLY VARDEN/BULL TROUT, Columbia River SMELT (EULACHON), and GRASS CARP unless listed as open in Special Rules. Fishing for COMMON CARP, WHITE STURGEON, SHAD, or forage fish other than Columbia River SMELT (unless specifically noted in Special Rules) is open only
during open game fish or SALMON seasons.

LAKES, PONDS, AND RESERVOIRS are open to fishing for game fish (except DOLLY VARDEN/BULL TROUT and GRASS CARP) year-round."

I want to double check, but I found this in the regs, and I think it means Silver Lake (Snohomish) is open to fish, since it is not listed in the Special rules area.
Banks lake for LIFE!

SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:29 pm

I would say that is correct. I think I have a posted report from years ago. I'm not sure the current boat launch condition or if you can do anything other than hand-helds. It would be good to get an update as I know they did work on this lake's fishing pier.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishnazzi
Warrant Officer

Post by fishnazzi » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:05 am

The old launch areas are gone.........sad. You can carry boats down from either the park of the park and ride.

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 am

It's open year round but the "launch" is pretty primitive

Good luck on that lake...I never seem to have succes there but hopefully you will

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

So there is no way to launch off of a trailer?
Banks lake for LIFE!

SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

Smar969905
Petty Officer

Post by Smar969905 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:12 pm

SnohoBassGuy wrote:So there is no way to launch off of a trailer?
launch from a trailer with 2 people that pick the boat up off the trailer and carry it. Marth Lake over on 164th has an actual boat launch and is pretty close to silver lake.
Image Image
If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape, then it isn't broken

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Lived right on Martha lake Alderwood/mill creek puddle jumper for years we took the kids out canoe and electric troller and got past the stockers before they KO the Tavern and put in the park.

That whole 164th street area has changed much

We killed many nice trout to 18 inches which is perfect Kings bait now:-#

The kids had a blast and there are a few hoggy bass in there as well.

Fished it almost every night weather permitting and launched at the pad not the gravel launch and I got that system dialed in for kids:cheers: but I don't have a clue now that was many years ago but she was a producer and truth the water even then a bit Lean on Clean :colors:

We trolled flys right on the surface, green frog pattern flatfish and many spinner Crawler combo plates all worked swell.

If you still fish in the Lake there is one hole about 75 yards off the fishing dock on the park just a tad west and straight out you find that hole there is a underground spring Your IN:-$ :chef: there is the chow line:nemo: :fish: with powerbait/crawler combos for carry over trousters:salut:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:22 am

Yeah I'm thinking Martha would be more appropriate, since my 8 year old cant really help me lift the boat into silver lol.
Banks lake for LIFE!

SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

TravisRush
Commander

Post by TravisRush » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:40 am

Hit the weight room and you won't need any help :)

Want to fish together during the summer?

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Yeah definitely Travis. Did you ever get a pontoon or float tube? I was planning on joining the PSFTC on one of their outings, so we could carpool possibly. Or just go out in the boat. My boat only fits two though.
Banks lake for LIFE!

SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz