City Limits

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kzoo
Commodore

City Limits

Post by kzoo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Outdoor channel has a new bass fishing program called City Limits. Mike Icanolli goes out and fishes urban areas such as DC and Chicago. His goal is to catch a limit in six hours. I wonder if he'll ever come to Seattle. Pretty cool show, Check it out.

ChrisB
Captain

RE:City Limits

Post by ChrisB » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks so much for the heads up. Its on the Versus channel for me btw.
aka Powerworm

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:33 pm

No problem Chris. I thought it'd be cool if he went to Lake Washington or Lake Union. I heard Sacremento is one of his stops.

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:32 pm

I watched the premier and unfortunately he was off Long Island saltwater fishing, which does nothing for me. There are better shows on TV that's for sure, especially the ones that focus on bass.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Most are bass fishing but the first one wasnt and Im with you Nik I dont watch anything beside bass fishing. The second show was cool in downtown Chicago. Based on the fact that they fish in the city limits Lake Union probably wouldnt cut it for Seattle.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 pm

I think Lake Union would be perfect. You can see the darn space needle from there, can't get any more city than that. I hope he comes here, he's fished Samammish before for anyone who doesn't know.
I watched the show this morning and he was fishing near Washington DC. Great episode, looking forward to more.
aka Powerworm

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:35 pm

I watched the series premier in New York and thought it was just alright. Ike is an exciting angler no matter where or what he is fishing for, but the show didn't do it for me like I was hoping it would. If I run across it, I'll watch it, but I don't think I will be waiting in anticipation for the next couple.
They have 6 destinations planned for this season. Here is a site with info. on all the spots and dates. I think the Sacramento and Philly episodes are going to be the best.
http://www.basszone.com/2008quickflips/ike2.htm
It would be cool to see him around here but I doubt we are even on the radar. Lake Union would be a perfect spot though. We'll see.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Union isnt that bad it just so small and after watching the Chicago episode IN the downtown city area that was awesome. If you could actually fish the ship canal in a boat then that would be cool cause he could go from Ballard to the UW. When he fished Samammish in early 07' why didnt they take him to Washington? Heard they got skunked.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:40 pm

They got skunked alright, but he wasn't taken out by the best guy from what I heard. He couldnt' fish very long because it was a morning of the show when he had to work the Toyota booth I think. Very nice guy when I met him.
aka Powerworm

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:11 am

I didn't know that guy had fished Sammamish.
I really don't care for him much. His whole bad boy image with the screaming, break dancing, throwing the American Flag in the water is way too much for me
I have been following his career since he was in the Federation and he has changed for the worse in my opinion.
He's gone from being a spaz that can fish to being a loud mouth spaz that can really fish.
Just my two cents.

Eric

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 pm

platinumroof wrote:throwing the American Flag in the water is way too much for me
i've never heard this before but thats enough to make me not care for him to much.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

danielt
Commander

Post by danielt » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:55 pm

tnj8222 wrote:
platinumroof wrote:throwing the American Flag in the water is way too much for me
i've never heard this before but thats enough to make me not care for him to much.
He was fishing out of a Triton (not his boat) during a classic. His live well wasn't pumping air so his fish died. He was very upset and grabbed his stern light (where they also had put up American flags) and bent it over his knee then threw it in the boat and it probably fell over the side. I'm not saying hes good or bad for that but that's the whole story.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Im sure that there was no anger toward the flag guys,in the flash of a moment when your mad things happen and sometimes people take it all the wrong way,and that seems to be a BIG problem.Just my 2 cents
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 pm

This has been discussed over a year ago on many boards. I've met the man in person at the sportsman show, read his book, he's devoted to this sport. Hell of a guy ! I'd be screaming too if I caught a big fish in a National event, or realized my fish were dying. Love him or hate him, he can fish better than all of us. :cheers:
aka Powerworm

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:15 pm

ChrisB wrote:This has been discussed over a year ago on many boards. I've met the man in person at the sportsman show, read his book, he's devoted to this sport. Hell of a guy ! I'd be screaming too if I caught a big fish in a National event, or realized my fish were dying. Love him or hate him, he can fish better than all of us. :cheers:
Thank Cod,Amen
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:17 pm

He'd be interesting to fish with that's for sure...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

platinumroof
Warrant Officer

Post by platinumroof » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:02 pm

I'll take him on if he wants to fish Sammamish again.
I'll thrash that kid. LOL
I know he apologized for the flag incident but good grief it was in plain sight of him.
And he was being dropped by some sponsers I heard.
Even without the flag incident I don't care for those kind of tantrums. I don't think it is a good image for our sport.
I also think the fish dying on him was his own dang fault. He tried to blame the equipment but the problem was that he didn't familiarize himself with his livewell operation.
I never met the guy and I trust that in person he is super nice. He just isn't someone I would model myself after or want my kids to look up to.
Just my two cents

Eric

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:35 pm

I believe he lost his sponser from Ranger Boats, which is a huge one. He does get carried away. Bottom line, HE CAN FISH.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:32 pm

I'm not sure if he lost his boat sponser, but it wasn't the worst thing that could happen. He went from a 70 mph boat to a 80 mph BassCat, and I'm not saying that because I run one. I can guarantee he's better off now :cheers: Hopefully I win the Lotto around the time he's ready to sell.
aka Powerworm

jake campbell
Petty Officer

Post by jake campbell » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 pm

I liked this show, but iaconelli needs to take a chill pill when he catches a fish. He yells ITS A GIANT about every single fish right when he sets the hook.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.