Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
MarkFromSea
Admiral

RE:Fish-N-Fool Tournament Conversations Post Here!

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 am

Stacie Kelsey wrote:Well, I have major fish barfing skills, so just let me know if you need me!
How do you get a fish to barf? LOL Is it like a dog eating grass? Or a baister filled with water?
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 am

MarkFromSea wrote:
rjn cajun wrote:I didn`t think about all that croping and stuff. I hope mine turns out because I`m not very familiar with that camera stuff.
I didn't make any changes to my photos. It should be just fine.. I just try to fill the frame with the fish by getting closer, I have to since my fish are so small. LOL Now it's time to get some qualifiers, on an FnF bait. Much harder than it looks on you tube vids. LOL
Ya, usually I'll just use the zoom to 'get closer' but with all the little, and big wind problems, I was having, I forgot to use the zoom. I was also going to measure the girth just for the heck of it, but forgot. Next time I'll print better too. HaHaHa
Tom.

Interests: living

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 am

Amx wrote:
Stacie Kelsey wrote:Well, I have major fish barfing skills, so just let me know if you need me!
[img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /shock.gif]o o[/img]I need you. :scratch: Are you married? [img=http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ima ... /devil.gif]d[/img]
[lol]

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 2:18 am

I thought you went to bed.
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 19, 2011 2:31 am

Amx wrote:I thought you went to bed.
Your more entertaining then my book.

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Thu May 19, 2011 2:32 am

MarkFromSea wrote:
How do you get a fish to barf? LOL Is it like a dog eating grass? Or a baister filled with water?
First you put them in a cooler with CO2 mixture to calm them down. Then you place a long apparatus down their mouth, tilt them up and gently squeeze their bellies as you spray water in them.

The goodies come right out!

Catfish don't really respond to CO2 and it's easy to blow them so you have to be super super careful. In all the ones I've done, I've never blown one. Tootin' my own horn there a bit!

:bounce:
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu May 19, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks Stacie!

CO2 saturated water, like soda water...........??????????

The gentle squeeze must be to support the fragile stomach from over expanding during the flush.
Last edited by MarkFromSea on Thu May 19, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Stacie Kelsey
Commander

Post by Stacie Kelsey » Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 am

Yep!

Gentle massage works their stomach contents out but cats and bulls will grip the tube with their mouth and that's when you can blow out their stomachs. [sad]

I always felt kind of bad because they had to work to get their dinner and we come along and take it right out!
Inland Fish Program - WDFW
Region 5 - Vancouver, WA
http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Ive gotta feeling Amx is going to be winning the derby if no body else enters fish !
Nice Job Amx !
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu May 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Everybody else is just saving their pictures. They'll pass me up royaly if I can't catch more than 1 or 2 fish a day. But I have my plans. Just waiting for the proper conditions. :)
Tom.

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Amx wrote:Everybody else is just saving their pictures. They'll pass me up royaly if I can't catch more than 1 or 2 fish a day. But I have my plans. Just waiting for the proper conditions. :)
If I can remember all the important stuff from home we might have a race. Put it all in the boat so I`m good to go. Spent some time looking today and oh boy.:-#

BassDood
Commander

Post by BassDood » Fri May 20, 2011 2:17 am

With all this nice weather, somebody better be hookin' up. I'm stuck at work til Tues and it's killing me!
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Fri May 20, 2011 2:45 am

Question I see AMX`s pics with the fnf bait in the fish`s mouth like it`s supposed to be done. But what if someone catches a big fish or any fish for that matter and it inhales the lure. How are we to get a pic of the card and all that stuff with a lure deep in the throat? Take a seperate pic down the mouth/throat and another with the card and info? Maybe Mike or Rick can weigh in. It`s bound to happen especially with the spawn on.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 20, 2011 12:44 pm

rjn cajun wrote:Question I see AMX`s pics with the fnf bait in the fish`s mouth like it`s supposed to be done. But what if someone catches a big fish or any fish for that matter and it inhales the lure. How are we to get a pic of the card and all that stuff with a lure deep in the throat? Take a seperate pic down the mouth/throat and another with the card and info? Maybe Mike or Rick can weigh in. It`s bound to happen especially with the spawn on.
that would work. We want to see the bait as verification it was count on a F-n-F bait. Unless things look really fishy (pun intended) we'll generally believe what you guys post up.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri May 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Mike, I did recieve my baits and the 3x5 card. But I read something about getting an emailed "Catch code" I have not recieved any catch code. Somewhere else I read that maybe the date stamped into your photo counts for the catch code?? Confirm?
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri May 20, 2011 4:08 pm

The Quadfather wrote:Mike, I did recieve my baits and the 3x5 card. But I read something about getting an emailed "Catch code" I have not recieved any catch code. Somewhere else I read that maybe the date stamped into your photo counts for the catch code?? Confirm?
I knew I read this same question before... Here you go Quad..
Mike Carey wrote:
The Quadfather wrote:I was just reading the rules that came with the FNF baits. Yes, I got the 3x5 card,, but it said something about a "Code" being emailed to the contestants?? I have not recieved any code. So... it's take pic. of fish with tape measure showing over 14",, have the 3x5 card in the photo, show the FNF bait at least 4" worth in the fishes mouth... Good to go?
almost - have the date stamp on for your camera. If you don't know how to turn it on note the date and time either on the card or on a second card. The Index card is the "code".
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 20, 2011 11:11 pm

The Quadfather wrote:Mike, I did recieve my baits and the 3x5 card. But I read something about getting an emailed "Catch code" I have not recieved any catch code. Somewhere else I read that maybe the date stamped into your photo counts for the catch code?? Confirm?
The card is your Catch Code. You do need a date in the picture, either from the camera or hand written. It can be on a different card than the index card.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Amx has company as bassman101 posts our second keeper of the derby. :fish:
Last edited by Mike Carey on Fri May 20, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Sat May 21, 2011 12:10 am

mike not too bud in but it looks like amx added fish to his first post.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat May 21, 2011 12:37 am

Yea, AMX has added two smallmouth to his post. Originally I thought we were supposed to add them all to the same post, but then you said to add new posts for each fish. Not sure, but his other two fish haven't shown up on the leader board.