Hitting the water on Friday

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Meatloaf_Rocks
Petty Officer

Hitting the water on Friday

Post by Meatloaf_Rocks » Wed May 06, 2009 10:18 pm

I'll be off at 6:00 AM on Friday morning and I'm gonna get out to do some fishin! Anybody know of any water in the Olympia area that might be worth hitting? Normally, I would just go to any lake and put the time in. This time, I'm bringing a newbie along and I want them to have a decent shot at catching something. Any help would be appreciated!

BassDood
Commander

RE:Hitting the water on Friday

Post by BassDood » Thu May 07, 2009 6:35 am

You might consider Long Lk in that area. I saw some pics and reports of a guy and his wife that were slaying the bass in the weedy cover. One had to have been 8+ They were using jigs. I was considering making the drive on Sun. St. Claire might be good too. I've never done well at these lakes but I do like em, and I will keep going back from time to time. Good luck!
http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy11 ... =slideshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meatloaf_Rocks
Petty Officer

Post by Meatloaf_Rocks » Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 am

I have fished St. Clair a lot. I grew up on that lake. I've had problems finding warmer water on the lake because its so much deeper than most local lakes. Many lakes around here bottom out at 35 feet. St. Clair has 60, 80, and 100 foot areas all over the place with steep banks. Its great toward the end of may because every point leads to deeper water. There are a lot of fish in the lake, but most seem a bit skinny because I don't think there is enough forage to support the number of fish.

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:02 am

I've done well at Black Lake in the spring down there. That lake has largemouth and smallmouth, and there are some real pigs in there. Flip and pitch jigs (I like black/blue with a same color craw trailer) in the pilings, or along side the docks, or skip senko's under the docks. Spinnerbaiting the wood stickups is always a good bet this time of year as well. Good Luck and have fun wherever you decide to go!
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com